VOLUME 2 CHAPTER 1

The group of Generals then approached the Adventurers as they were chatting with each other. After some few hours of talking and chatting, the players of Eldwood have now been updated with the world. Midway through the conversation, the generals turned themselves into their human forms and continued to listen. Though Ingraine and Grifvet were happy to explain and converse with them, Eattare and Pierence could see the disgruntled faces on the Generals as they went on. Some would look above as if to ask a higher being to save them while others look down, in deep thought of what they're gonna do now.

After the conversation, the adventurers were sent to a hotel inside the city where it was still relatively liveable. They boarded an M939 Army truck to transport them. The generals sat down on an airport bench with Bahamut flying over Paul, happy to be reunited with him once again. But the atmosphere below her was heavy and sad. As the generals realize what the natives of the land see them as, Foreign Outworlders and even Invaders. After pondering his thoughts, they all overloaded themselves and their morale plummets.

"I feel tired."

Being the Leader, Hassan is visibly tired. Not in his usual Tiger-like aura of pure leadership, wisdom, and manhood. Even the Veteran player had to take a breather from taking it all in. The Generals on the other had finally realized the bigger picture of their situation. John being the first.

"We're absolutely gonna FUCKING DIE."

"I guess us being sweaty nerds finally got the punishment we deserved. Why can't I just have a normal life? This shits fucked."

"But some of us are actually contributing to society like me. I'm a Software Engineer. I might be a sweaty nerd but I help my country and the company I work for. This is bullshit... to think I lived through World War Three just to end up in this situation."

"Hey now, How about me? I'm running a transport business. I worked my ass off to make good money and become successful. Just like you guys, I never had a romantic time in my life since I was pouring all my time into this shit. Fuck. To think I fought in World War Three just to end up like this."

"Well, if we're gonna die. We might as well stand till we breathe our last breath. I say we go out, send everything we have and fight everyone."

"Look, they misunderstood us. We can still make peace with them and we still have to know if the League of Modern Guilds still exists."

"Didn't you hear them? Ingraine told us all we needed to know. That bitch Sword Saint sold us out to the Kingdom. THEY EVEN HAVE A FUCKING HERO TO GO AFTER US. That Prince something something motherfucker."

They were all trembling and their fists clenched in anger and fear. The tough Generals never looked so vulnerable, now with their shells broken. They've all been exposed for the true men they are. Normal, and uninteresting but some looked high, their chests puffed out and their hands on their chin. Thinking deeply within themselves.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna continue and set up a defensive perimeter. That mother fucker with the Hero skill can come at us all he wants. But we're sure to make it costly for them."

General Matthew, being the head of the Defensive Armies, was already looking at ways to defend their city. Knowing that their enemies had not reached their technological level, he knows he can make do with a few thousand skeleton soldiers and armored vehicles.

"I might as well lead a team of Delta or Ranger skeletons into that Castle of Saviour and fucking call a Hellfire on their asses. I don't know how much magic has changed but I didn't build a Stealth Knight for nothing."

"Guys, they already hate us. Let's not give them more reasons to do so. Let us gather around and prepare for a defense. Matthew is correct, we must stand tall against them and defend our land. Because it is the only option we have. But after this, we must look into negotiating and talking. War cannot be our only method."