VOLUME 3 Chapter 4

After settling down inside the shed, he looks around and sees that the place is full of children. Dirtied and tired, but well fed. Still with intact but ragged clothing and shivering a bit from the sudden intrusion.

"I have a lot of things to ask, but one question I have is if any of you wish to leave this village?"

The children look at one another, a young blonde kid comes to the front and nods.

"Alright. Alana, take them to our camp. Bahamut, check if the village has been alerted and keep a watchful eye on them."

"Wait, aren't you gonna come with us, M'Lord?"

"No, I feel something strange. I might be doing something stupid but I feel like this'll give me answers, so you go on ahead. You two are way more powerful than I am but I can still stand up for myself, now go."

Without question, the Vampress collects the children and leads them into the forest with Bahamut tailing behind them. Paul on the other hand looks towards the garden of the desolate Manor. He swiftly unholsters his revolver from his hip and approaches it with his gun ready.

After walking for a few minutes, a sudden feeling of power rushes to him. He promptly summons his Knight Armor, like a black oozing shadow, it forms and materializes around his body and his two swords are sheathed upon his hip and back. Looking at a big metal gate protecting the unmaintained Manor's garden, he shoots the lock open with his .357. The bullet was so powerful it opened the thick metal gate for him. After stepping inside, a scary emotion of someone watching him flows through his spine.

He starts looking around, the beautiful cut bushes of patterns and the dying and withered flowers give the place a sad solemn atmosphere, as if the garden was a colorless noir. A quick impulse came to him and his right hand grabbed something inside the ground to his right, it was a blood like colored goop that was underneath the Garden's surface.

It closes but the gauntlet of his armor prevents it from ripping his hand off. With sheer power, he pulls out the thing he had grabbed.

"I've felt this power before, is this... the capability of the Armor buffing me? I never felt its effects so directly before."

The thick oozing shadows that were seeping out of his armor started dripping like a faucet was turned on. Using some power, he manages to pull out the creature that was hiding inside the garden. It was nothing but a shadow being, but this was different. "Ah, a Chosen One from Tur, where is your True God now?" Shadow creatures are low level monsters, but this one was capable of speech to his surprise.

Without a second thought, he shoots at it with the revolver on his left hand. The shadow quickly disappears. A distorted voice then comes out of the air, as if it was being transmitted through a megaphone.

"A Death Knight, I didn't expect the Underworld's best to be loitering on the plain of mortals."

"IDENTIFY YOURSELF!"

"A Knight of Darkness. How interesting... I haven't encountered your type in Tur before."

"Perish Demon!"

He quickly points his revolver to his left and the shadow vanishes once again, he starts walking deeper into the Garden, his eyes constantly scanning his surroundings as his adrenaline is pumped to every fiber of his being. He turns around and sees the shadow creature on the gate he once passed. Before being able to fire his revolver, he felt a sudden touch. But not on his body or organs. Instead, it touched the man's very soul.

"Ahhh, a soul of a Chosen One. Given the gift of rebirth by the True God..."

"This Village, what did you do to it?"