VOLUME 12 Chapter 3

Inside a dark room, two men sitting opposed to one another are leaning forward to a steel table. With a single lightbulb barely enough to illuminate the both of them. One sat leaning more forward, his larger and bigger ribbon rack in full display while the one opposing him, had a smaller one but had five stars on his shoulders too.

The silver five stars on his shoulders were no match from the golden ones the person opposing him had on his shoulders.

"How was the carnival of horror, General?"

"It's... been a productive experience, Supreme General Maltese."

"Just call me Maltese. The only thing I have that's different from you is golden polish on my stars and badges."

"Yes sir."

"Sooo..." the man with the golden stars then reaches down to the leather briefcase next to him and opens it. "Captain Aldrin Benedict, former soldier of the Four Hundredth Two Joint Mechanized Brigade of the First Guards Republic Mechanized Company. Served three tours, from Myanmar to Syria then Turkey."

"Yes sir."

"When... the two of you fought. Has he told you anything important? Like who is their leader? Where are they based permanently? Jackson, we are upon a heavy turn and we cannot let them to overstep us at this pivotal moment."

"No sir."

"I see." The two oak leafs on the cap of Maltese had more acorns on it compared to Jacksons and the Men of the Woods logo on it, the Eagle with the heavy machine guns seemed heavier than the entire polyester-wool cap he had on. He makes a long sigh and rests his back onto the seat. Hiding his chest completely in the darkness. "How does it feel to be in command of an entire Army, Jackson? I am sure it's a different experience from being a lowly Colonel."

"Yes sir. It's been a big learning curve, but I've been able to grow both as a leader and as a person."

"Good. Do you know where I served and what side?"

"No sir."

"I served alongside the Singapore Armed Forces. I've fought with your countrymen. Can say they are very kind. Good food too."

"Thank you sir."

"How was it? Winning? Did your parents gift you a new car? A lot? Did the community name a street after you?"

"No sir. Though the Mayor did give me a certificate, giving me a permanent discount on all local businesses."

"Hah, That's nice. When I finished my Doctorate, my Dad bought me a Rolls Royce. When I came back home, my Mom gifted me a Mercedes. I got two cars now."

"You are very lucky sir."

"Lucky."

He then stands up and takes the paper and the pen from the steel table. His brown leather briefcase slid onto the top and he neatly and observantly put the paper in. Making sure not even a miniscule part of it gets crumpled.

"Haaaa.. Yet when I go back home. You've learned more than my entire family had in a century."

"I... I do not know about that sir. The company I run might've not even sent me my shares since I am technically dead."

"Now, now. That's a bit too extreme. Have you lost hope, Jackson? We can't have someone with so many stars on their shoulders losing hope on the cause."

"I apologize sir. I am merely thinking about the reality of the situation back home. Dark World had a large majority of Asia's youth playing it."

"It's not that bad. Only the Global Server got teleported. The NA server is left untouched. There's still a lot of kids to come by but they're all in the West. The poor schmucks using VPNs to play in Global must be regretting their decision now."