34/35

-Summer continued-

I jerk out of Fins embrace and turn my body to face him...

"Did I do something wrong?" He asks me

"You have to ask me... please just don't hug me" I sigh

"Damn." He shakes his head "I'm so sorry Summer... the last thing I want to do is make you uncomfortable." He sighs

"....." I cut the stove off.

"Again I'm sorry... I just haven't had a hug in a long time." He exhales "since my addiction, my dad doesn't want anything to do with me... gets lonely ya know... but I'm happy that you guys are my family now."

"Awes... maybe you can get clean and your dad will hug you again... or ask your sister for one."

"Haha, yeah good one." He chuckles "Billie isn't a touchy person... and fuck my dad."

"Oh... um... I don't know... I don't want any hugs right now."

"No its fine... you need help setting the table?" He speaks

"Thank you but its okay... I got it.... Mya and Billie are on their way home."

"Thanks for the heads up."

I watch him as he stuffs the Moon shine into the couch cushion. Maybe he's embarrassed about drinking... or he's hiding it. I kinda feel bad for him but I really don't like when others touch me... its uncomfortable and makes me anxious.

I hurry and start setting the table, Royal run over to help me. I love him so much... We get done just before the door knob turns. In walks the two best people in the world. I run over and Billie wraps me in her arms, while I look over at Mya.

"Haii baby!... haii Daddy!"

"Hey bae..." Mya kisses my lips and hugs Ro...

"Hi babygirl..." Billie kisses my forehead. "Why are you shaking?" She pulls back from me and looks at me and then over my shoulder.

"Daaaad... Mommie Summie cooked!"

"I know kiddo... it smells so good." Billie responds with her eyes glued on me.

I need to calm down....

"Daddy... I'm okaii, just happy you and Mya are home." I smile

"Okay babygirl." She says flatly

I grab everyone lemonade that I made earlier. I sit in my spot next to Billie. I see Mya bow her head to pray and I do the same.

"Thank you for this dinner and my family." Amen...

"So hows my niece?" Fin speaks up.
"She's doing well..." Billie responds

"Awesome, short stuff showed me a pic... she precious."

"Who??...." Billie pauses, eyeing her brother...

"I meant Summer... short stuff just fits her." he chuckles

"Got it."

-Billies pov-

I noticed how anxious Summer is but she says she's good. I'll make sure I keep a eye on my brother... I don't feel like I need to be a dick or address him giving Sum a nickname unless it bothers her or its something disrespectful.

"This chicken is really good lil baby." I speak to Summer.

"Thank you..." she smiles, snuggling her face underneath my arm...