♡ Chapter 7 ⋆ Friends aren't this close!

"Have a fun day at school, Pumpkin" Matthew said to Ella

"Bye, dad" she stepped out of the car and went straight into the school's building.

She strolled down the hallway only to see all her friends and Ace with Veronica. She slowly approached them.

"Hey..." She said

"Hey, babe" Zoe hugged her.

"How are you now?" Axel and Chris asked in unison

"I'm good" she mumbled.

"I heard about your dog. I'm sorry for your loss" Veronica chirped in, Ella smiled with difficulty and nodded.

"So, are you coming to my party now?" Claire asked. "I postponed it for you"

"Yes!" Ella answered

She looked towards Ace and he was already staring at her. He smiled watching her but she didn't. He noticed a hardness to her features, he frowned. Veronica saw Ace staring at Ella. She gripped Ace's arm and pressed herself into him. She wanted Ace's attention and she got it. Ace felt her soft body pressing into him and his attention turned towards her.

Ella furrowed her eyebrows, it hurt. Why was she so close to him? They all started to walk towards the class. Ace saw Ella's pissed-off face and pulled his arm out of Veronica's grip slowly.

Veronica scampered towards Ella's seat which was next to Ace. Ella stopped dead in her tracks.

"Um... Veronica, that's my seat" She said

"I don't see your name on it" Veronica replied, flipping her hair.

Ella's head whiplashed towards Ace and he looked anywhere but her. She controlled her anger and stomped to another seat. She frustratedly threw her bag on the seat and sat down.

"Woah, easy" Hunter said

"Shut up!" Ella snapped.

Hunter was taken aback by her reply. He thought she would hate him less after that day. "Are you okay?" He asked