♡ Chapter 31 ⋆ The person who wrecked her.

"Where are we going?" She asked when she noticed that Hunter was going the other way

"Fries and shake, our friendship ritual," he said with a wide grin.

Ella smiled and shook her head. She was still a little uneasy, she knew even a tiny bump in the road is enough for her to shit her pants right now. Hunter got their food from a drive-through and drove to a quiet and peaceful spot. It was the edge of a beautiful hill. They both got out of the car and walked near the edge. They sat down and silently enjoyed their food. Hunter cringed every time Ella dipped her fries in her shake.

After they were done, she pulled her legs close to her chest and wrapped her arms around them as she gazed at the beautiful scenery before her.

"Ella..." He breathed out

"Hm?" She said in a questioning manner.

"I brought you here for a reason..." He trailed off.

She turned her head to look at him. "What?" She asked

"I love our friendship... I do. I really do!" He said and waited for her reaction.

With a tiny frown, she smiled. "I love our friendship too,"

"But that's not how I wanted to be with you," he said with a frown.

She looked at him perplexed. "What do you mean?"

"You really don't know my intentions, do you?" He asked

"I know that you like me... At first, I thought you only annoy me to get on Ace's nerves but now I know... It was never about him, was it?" She asked staring into his eyes.

He shook his head. "From the first day, I saw you to this day. All I ever wanted was to be with you but not just as a friend..." He inhaled deeply. "I want to be with you in every way possible." 

She released a sudden sigh, tried opening her mouth to speak. But no words flowed out. Gulped. Then with a little more strength, she said. "I don't understand..."

He stared her in the eyes. He had that weird look again, the one that makes her knees weak. "Ella, the thought of losing you scares me and I felt it today. I want to be your boyfriend. I want to mark my claim on you... I want all the guys to back off, who think they have a chance with you. I want them to know that you belong to me as I belong to you and I really want to know if you feel the same."