♡ Chapter 26 ⋆ Want a cigarette?

The buzzing of her phone woke her up

The buzzing of her phone woke her up. Flaying her hand over the nightstand, she looked for her phone. She picked it up and squinted her eyes, staring at her screen.

⊱⋅ ⋅⊰
Hunter:

Good Morning! :)
⊱⋅ ⋅⊰

She smiled at the text and immediately texted him back. She got off from her bed and did her daily routine. She wore her outfit and her phone buzzed again. She saw another text from Hunter.

⊱⋅ ⋅⊰
Hunter:

I'm outside... Waiting
⊱⋅ ⋅⊰

Her forehead crinkled but she smiled nonetheless.

⊱⋅ ⋅⊰
Ella:

I'll be right outside.
⊱⋅ ⋅⊰

She descended the stairs and saw the empty dining chairs. She furrowed her eyebrows. A maid came out of the kitchen.

"Miss Ella, what would you like to eat for breakfast?" She asked, respectfully.

Ella looked around and cleared her throat. "Where are mom and dad?"

The maid looked at her puzzled. "You don't know?"

"Know what?" Ella asked

"They left early this morning, something about a work emergency," She told her

Ella scoffed. "And they didn't think it was important for me to know?" She snapped

"What can I say?" She shrugged

Ella frowned and turned to leave but the maid's voice stopped her. "Miss Caroline specifically instructed me to not let you leave the house without breakfast"

"Well, you can tell Miss Caroline I don't need her fake concern!" She taunted and left the house.

She walked out and saw Hunter leaning against the wall outside the gates. When he saw her, he perked up.

"I didn't know we had plans to walk to school together" she quipped

He laughed throatily. "I just figured that if I accompany you, you wouldn't be bored"