♡ Chapter 11 ⋆ You've arrhythmias

The next day Ella woke up cheerful

The next day Ella woke up cheerful. After Ace told her about the bet, she felt relaxed and stress-free. She did her daily routine, ate her breakfast, and ran outside when Ace texted her. Ella opened the car door and he told her to sit in the back.

She laughed. "Got it"

She sat in the backseat as they drove to Veronica's place.

"Imagine her face when she'll find out about everything" Ella laughed, Ace just nodded slightly and smiled.

They reached Veronica's house and she came running outside. She flashed a million-dollar smile when she saw Ace but soon that smile fell when her eyes landed on Ella. She gave Ace a look and opened the car door annoyed. She slid in and gave Ella a tight-lipped smile. Ella just grinned cutely.

They reached school and Ella got out of the car. She walked towards school but stopped when she noticed no one was following behind her. She turned and saw Ace and Veronica still in the car. They looked like they were arguing about something. Ella furrowed her eyebrows.

Veronica looked pissed off, she was moving her hands around talking about something aggressively. While Ace looked like he was trying to calm her down. He held both of her hands and placed kisses on the back of her hands. He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and placed a gentle kiss on her nose.

Ella felt uneasy but then she remembered it was all a show. He was trying to make her fall in love with him. Of course, he had to treat her nicely. She shook all the bad thoughts away.

Ace stepped out of the car and his eyes fell on Ella. He gave her a thumbs up. She just laughed and turned to walk inside the building.

They met up with their friends. Axel held Ella's arm and took her to the side.

"I need to tell you something" Axel whispered

"What is it?" Ella asked adjusting her backpack.

"It's about Chloe," he said and his cheeks tinted pink.

"Aw, you are blushing" she teased

"I want to take our relationship to the next level but I don't know how, I am scared" Axel explained