♡ Chapter 18 ⋆ Abnormally large baby

Veronica was over the moon, it was their first day as a couple

Veronica was over the moon, it was their first day as a couple. She wanted to make a grand entrance just so she could rub it in Ella's face and all the other girls that swooned over Ace. She was waiting for Ace to come and pick her up. She had her own car but she insisted that Ace should pick her up every day. It was an Ace and Ella thing but now it gonna be theirs. She was glad that Ella won't be accompanying them anymore.

Ella dressed up for school and picked up her school bag without having breakfast or acknowledging her parents she walked straight out of her house. Keeping her head down she walked to school. She felt numb, she didn't cry nor did she speak to anyone. Her mind failed to understand why would Ace do such a thing. Was he not happy? If he wasn't then why didn't he say something to her? Did he fall out of love? She inhaled sharply, it hurt to even think about it. If he did then why didn't he say so! Why? Why? Why? The only word she couldn't find the answer to. How can Ace hurt her like that after everything...

Ace drove out of his mansion and the first thing he did was to look at her house. It was an involuntary action, he found no one standing there just a couple of guards. He slowly drove to Veronica's place. Then he found her, his eyes followed Ella as she was mindlessly walking with her head down. He wanted to talk to her but he couldn't, not anymore. He gripped the steering wheel. He was with Veronica now. He clenched his jaw and stared at her for a few seconds. Shaking his head, he sped past her but her mind was too occupied to even notice that.

She finally reached school and heaved a sigh of relief. She walked straight to her locker and took out her cellphone. She had lots of calls and messages but she didn't bother checking them.

She walked straight to her class and sat down at the back alone. She was trying to avoid Ace and Veronica at all costs. She wanted nothing to do with them. She hated Ace at the moment and this feeling wasn't going to go away anytime soon. But then she thought about if she saw him... How will she react? Where do they stand now? Enemies? Exes? Strangers? She took a long deep breath and closed her eyes.

The whole day, she didn't even talk to her other friends either. She didn't know how to face everyone. She felt a constant dull ache in her chest. When it was lunchtime a feeling of dreadfulness settled in the pit of her belly. Ace and Veronica will be there, she thought.