♡ Chapter 42 ⋆ I did everything for that thieving whore

"It's not fair" Ella mumbled on the verge of tears

"It's not fair" Ella mumbled on the verge of tears. "It's not fair... It feels like we just got together and... And" she covered her face with her hands.

"Hey... Ella" Hunter hugged her. "We can make the long-distance work. I know we can... We'll religiously visit one another and we have a plan, remember? We'll graduate early so we can be together"

"Hmm..." She mumbled in his chest. "It's easier said than done"

"If I remember right, you were the one who said that I don't know how strong your love is... But trust me, I know how strong our love is... Nothing can affect us"

"I hope so..." She mumbled disheartened

They were back in Richmonte after their two-week trip to Paris.

"Give us a minute," Hunter said to his driver as they reached her home and his driver stepped out of the car.

He pulled her in for a deep, long kiss. A kiss that made her feel warm. He pulled away and rested his forehead against her.

"I'll see you later" he smiled and she nodded.

She opened the car door and stepped out. His driver got back into the car. Ella stood there and waved at Hunter one last time as the car slowly drove away.

Her smile fell as her eyes met Ace. He slowly raised his hand and meekly waved. She looked at him, her eyes locked with his and she realized she no longer felt anything.

Their hearts belonged to one another for as long as she could remember. And then one day, Veronica came... That was the start of the end of Ella and Ace Forever.

If he had told her that he had fallen out of love. If he had told her that he wanted to break up. If he had told her that he wasn't happy with her, she would have understood. She would have stepped away for his happiness. She would have loved him alone that's how much she loved him. But no, he never said anything... He made sure she hated him. He made sure to destroy all their love and memories. He made sure she felt empty without him but now she felt nothing...