Chapter 8

Chapter 8-

As soon as they walked out onto the Hogwarts grounds Isabelle begged Harry to teach her how to fly. Looking at Draco for permission he ran off with Isabelle toward the Quidditch pitch. Draco and Loren walked calmly after them and settled under a tree.

Pulling his little boy onto his lap and resting his back against the tree, he felt content. He watched as Harry lifted Isabelle onto the broom. It seemed as if Isabelle was a natural flyer because she was soon buzzing around Harry's legs.

"I knew we would find you two out here." Pansy and Ron were approaching them followed by Ginny and Neville.

"Is there something you two need to tell us?" Ginny smirked when she noticed Draco blush.

"Daddy and Harry like each other! Harry is daddy's boyfriend." Loren answered grinning at his aunt and uncle.

The two women gave a squeal of happiness and hugged each other. "We knew it! All you needed was a small push in the right direction."

Draco rolled his eyes and turned to watch his daughter laugh as Harry tried to catch her. They all sat down next to Draco and soon began to talk about different things.

An hour later Harry and Isabelle finally joined them. Harry walked toward Draco and sat down next to him, Isabelle settled on Harry's lap. The group continued their conversation well into the afternoon.

As the sky darkened Draco noticed that both of his children were deeply asleep. "I think it's time to put these little ones to bed." Everyone nodded and they all made their way toward the castle. Harry helped Draco take the children to his rooms.

When they had settled the children in their beds Draco and Harry decided to have a quiet dinner, alone.

"Dray, have a seat and I will make some dinner." Draco smiled and took a seat at the table.

"I didn't know you knew how to cook?"

Harry smirked at him, "How do you think I survived all of these years?"

"I thought cooking was beneath the great Harry Potter." Draco said sarcastically.

Laughing Harry rolled his eyes. "For your information I have been cooking since I could reach the stove."

Draco raised an eyebrow skeptically. "I'm serious Dray. I lived with my muggle relatives and they…taught me how to cook when I was eight."

Draco frowned, "What do you mean? Why would someone teach an eight year old how to cook?"

Harry stopped chopping tomatoes and turned to Draco. "Dray, my muggle relatives used me like a house elf. I cooked, cleaned and did chores my cousin didn't have to do. Why do you think I spent my whole childhood walking around in clothes two sizes too big? "

"Why would they do that to you Harry?" Draco was amazed. He had always had the notion that Harry, as the boy-who-lived, had had a wonderful childhood.

"I think they may have been scared of what they didn't understand. Did you know I lived in the closet under the stairs until I turned eleven?"

Draco was floored it explained so much about Harry's personality. He watched as Harry finished cutting the tomatoes and smiled sadly.

"I guess we both didn't have the most ideal childhood."

Harry looked surprised. "I thought you had the best pureblood childhood."

"You forget who my father is. I had everything I could ever want except love. My mother was always away at some social function. My father only spoke to me when I needed discipline or when he needed to use me."