Chapter 15

Chapter 15-

It was midnight before the Headmistress and Harry returned. Professor McGonagall looked at the students before turning to Draco. "How are they doing?"

"Madame Pomfrey said they were stable and thankfully their nerve endings were not damaged. Their bodies are just recovering their strength. Did you contact their guardians? Did you find those responsible?"

"Mr. Greengrass' mother will arrive shortly but nobody at the orphanage was able to come."

"Did you find who it was?"

Harry nodded "I had a suspicion as to who it had been, Willowby accompanied me. Apparently this potion will sometimes leave magical residue on those who brew it. We checked those that I suspected and it turned out that I was correct. They are currently in the dungeons waiting to be interviewed by the aurors."

"Who was it?"

"Penelope Nott, Rodger Stone, and Annabelle Noir, they were expelled from the school and will not be continuing their magical education, here."

Draco nodded before turning back to his own students. A few minutes later they heard footsteps approaching and found a woman with dark black curly hair walking towards them.

"Where is my son?"

Professor Malfoy stood and walked her to her son. "I am professor Malfoy, the Slytherin head of house. He is stable and thankfully nothing happened to his nerve endings. We have caught those responsible and they have been expelled."

She was touching her son's forehead when he slowly woke up. "Mum?"

She smiled sadly before kissing his cheek. "I'm here, baby. Mommy is here for you."

The little boy smiled before looking around the room frantically. "How is Eva? Is she alright?"

Draco smiled and nodded "Mr. Greengrass, she has pulled through splendidly."

Eva slowly opened her eyes and stared at the room before her. She was about to scream when she noticed Bryan smiling at her. Everything came back to her and she looked up frightened.

Draco moved to her bedside. "Ms. Turner, you're doing great. We caught who did this to you and have expelled those responsible."

She nodded but her eyes were glued to her hands. Draco touched her small hands and squeezed reassuringly. She looked up at him amazed and surprised.

Smiling, Draco motioned for the adults to give them time to rest. Bryan's mother kissed her son and then took her leave, she thanked the professors for their actions and left. Before they could leave Madam Pomfrey walked up to them worriedly.

"Professors, I need to speak with you. While I examined Ms. Turner I noticed she had several past medical conditions. It seems that this girl has broken her arm five times but each time it has not properly set. She also broke her leg a couple of times but it seems as if she has not had any medical attention. Ms. Turner is badly malnourished, professors, I suspect that she has been abused."

Draco nodded sadly and his sadness was reflected on the faces of all of the professors gathered.

The headmistress frowned. "Sadly we can't do anything until we have actual proof."

Draco wanted to scream but he knew the law. "I'm going to talk to her. Even if she tells me we can't do anything until there is proof. I will investigate her orphanage and keep an eye on her."

Harry and the headmistress nodded then the headmistress left silently. Draco and Harry walked back to the students. "You two will be here for another two days. I will come by later so if you need anything from your room let me know."