Chapter 11

Chapter 11-

In another part of the castle a girl sat on her bed lovingly touching her school uniform. She folded it neatly and laid it on top of her old worn out trunk. Eva dressed in her old worn nightdress and for the first time in her whole life, she slept in a bed.

She smiled happily in her sleep, knowing that for once in her life, she would be safe. She fell asleep holding her wand in one hand and the picture of a black haired woman.

/

The next morning Eva sat down at the Slytherin table. She was silently placing food on her plate when someone sat down next to her.

"Hello" The boy had light brown hair and blue eyes.

She looked around trying to make sure that he was talking to her. "Hello." She whispered hoping the boy was not trying to play a mean trick on her.

"My name is Bryan Greengrass, what's yours?" He extended his hand toward her slowly.

She took it and quietly answered. "Nice to meet you, my name is Evangeline Turner." He smiled at her before placing food on his plate.

"How do you like Hogwarts?"

She could not believe that he was talking to her but she hoped he would not leave. "I like it, a lot. How about you?"

"Oh, I love it so far. I had two older sisters who attended the school but they died during the war."

Eva looked confused, "What war?"

Bryan looked at her amazed before sighing. "You must be a muggleborn."

She looked at him to see whether that was a bad thing. "What does that mean?"

"It refers to witches and wizards whose parents are non magic people. Are your parents magical?"

She looked down at her hands before answering. "I don't know. I don't have parents."

Bryan looked surprised but smiled kindly at her. "Oh, ok well don't worry about it, if you have any questions just ask me." He then told her all about the war and what had happened. At the end of it, Eva was shocked and amazed at everything he said.

"So Professor Potter destroyed the crazy wizard?" Bryan nodded.

"Yeah, he's supposed to be really powerful and a lot of people are scared of him. We're lucky; we get to learn from him."

"Wow, I can't believe all of that happened." Bryan nodded sadness visible in his eyes.

"During the war my dad was working for the bad man and because of his dumb mistake he died and so did my two older sisters. My mom and I went into hiding and now we live with my aunt. "

She looked uncomfortable. "I'm sorry for your loss."

Bryan shook his head, "It's alright, and my father was a right bastard. I do miss my sisters but I'm just glad the war ended."

Eva nodded and continued to eat silently; she really needed to investigate more about the world she had just been brought into. Before she could continue the conversation professor Malfoy appeared with their schedules.

"Good morning, you two. Here are your schedules."

Bryan was the first to respond. "Thank you, professor."

Eva smiled shyly and took her own schedule from the professor. "Thank you, professor."

The professor smiled and moved on the next group of students.

As soon as he left Bryan turned to her and whispered.

"Professor Malfoy's family was also involved in the war."