Chapter 16

Chapter 16-

Harry ran as fast as he could, he didn't know where he was running to but his legs continued. When he finally became aware of his surroundings he found himself in the forbidden forest.

He slumped down next to a tree and for the first time in years, he cried. How can he be a parent? It was too much for Harry to comprehend. He was not going to be a good parent.

Harry's life had turned upside down in a few months and now he went from happy bachelor to expectant father? It was simply too much.

He curled up on his side and sobbed his heart out.

/

Back in the hospital wing Draco had woken up and thankfully nothing happened to the baby or him. Draco was not surprised by the news of the baby because he had had his suspicions. When Pansy told him about what had happened with Harry he was so hurt that at first he was not able to stand.

Then anger surged through him.

"Daddy, were going to have a little brother?" Loren asked his father

Draco smiled and nodded "or little sister."

"Dad, are you going to get papa back?" Isabelle asked

Draco's smiled wavered when he heard his daughter call Harry, papa.

"I don't know, Harry has to figure things out but I will look for him later. Now, all I want to do is rest."

They all nodded, Pansy as about to take the children with her but Draco told her that they would stay with him. Ron and Pansy nodded and left the small family.

Isabelle settled on her father's left side and Loren on his father's right side and the three soon fell asleep. Both children had unwillingly moved a small hand over their father's stomach almost as to protect their small sibling.

/

Outside the hospital wing Pansy turned to Ron. "We need to find Harry. If he doesn't come back here and helps Draco, I will cut his balls off and feed it to the giant squid."

Ron winced before nodding "I'll go look for him, you need to rest. Remember, we have our own baby to think about."

She nodded and kissed Ron before walking to their rooms. Ron ran to Harry's rooms and searched for the marauder's map. When he had found it, he quickly found Harry's name in the forest and Ron ran toward his best friend.

/

Deep down in his heart Harry knew he loved Draco but something would not allow him to accept this. The news of the baby had shocked him.

He was scared, utterly terrified. How could he be a good parent when he had never had any parents?

"Harry!"

He heard someone screaming his name but he continued to lie on the forest floor. It wasn't until he felt a hand on his shoulder that he finally looked up.

Ron stood there frowning at his best friend.

"Harry, get up." The red head looked determined and serious.

"If you came here to drag me back there you might as well go back, Ron."

Ron shook his head before taking a seat next to Harry. "I'm not here to do that Harry."

Harry looked confused but remained silent.

"How long have we known each other Harry?" Ron had picked up a small leaf and twirled it around in his hand. Harry watched the green leaf swirling in his friend's hands.

"Almost eleven years."

Ron looked at him "Eleven years, seems like yesterday that I met a skinny awkward kid on the Hogwarts Express."

Despite his sour mood, Harry laughed.

"I seem to remember you were an awkward skinny kid yourself."

Ron grinned before looking up at the tree tops. "Harry, I know how your feeling."

Harry looked skeptical but remained silent.

Ron sighed and continued to look up at the darkening sky. "I've known you long enough to know what you're thinking. Although I don't mention it, you should know I think of you as my brother."

Harry nodded silently.

"Harry, did you know that I have never forgiven myself for abandoning you twice, when you needed me the most? I know how it feels to be scared and allow that fear to overcome you. Running away seems to be the easiest way out but in the end it's the worst thing you can do. "

"Ron—"

"No, let me finish. I have wanted to say this for years and I finally have the words."

Harry nodded silently

"Harry, I know you hate to be forced to do things, but life is full of responsibilities. Leaving Draco, because you're scared of the commitment that you will be making isn't fair to you, Draco or the baby. I have never seen you as happy as you have been with Draco. Although, I can't believe your with the ferret, I know he makes you happy."

"When Pansy told me she was expecting, you want to know what my first reaction was. I almost turned and ran. It's natural to have doubts about becoming a parent. Bringing a new life into this world a huge responsibility but don't allow fear to take the joy from it."

Harry looked thoughtful before he sighed and turned to Ron.

"What if I'm not a good parent, Ron? What if I ruin my child's life?"

Ron laughed and turned to look at Harry.

"Seriously, mate? Harry, you grew up without parents you can't tell me you didn't wish for your parents every single day of your childhood. Are you willing to allow your child to know that pain? Have you noticed how much of a natural parent you are with Isabelle and Loren? Don't underestimate yourself, Harry. Besides, you won't do it alone. Draco is a wonderful parent, what you don't know, he will."

"It's just too much to think about."

"Believe me, mate, allowing your fears to guide your decisions will not give you what you want. How do you feel about Draco, Isabelle and Loren?"

Harry looked at his hands and sighed.

"I don't know…I know that I sleep better when I sleep next to Draco. I know that I would kill anyone who ever hurt them. I know that it breaks my heart when Isabelle or Loren cry. I know that I wish I could heal all of Draco's emotional scars. I know that I would kill anyone who touched Draco. I know that I don't go ten minutes without thinking about him or the kids. I know that their rooms feel more like home than anywhere else. I know that when Isabelle or Loren fall asleep in my arms I smile."

Ron smiled "It sounds like you love them, mate."

Harry looked surprised but thoughtful

"I love them?" Harry whispered. He began to revisit all of his memories of the past months and it finally dawned on him.

"I love Draco. I love Isabelle and Loren."

Ron laughed again. "Merlin, your thick!"

Harry glared, "Shut it you! Ron do you really think I can do this?"

Ron rolled his eyes. "Harry, you defeated a megalomaniac at the age of seventeen, if you can't raise these kids, heaven help me. Now, we have to go before Pansy decides to come down here and castrate you. Oh, and did you know Isabelle and Loren called you papa?"

Harry paled. "Ron, did I ever tell you how scary your wife can be? Yeah, I heard them and honestly now it makes me proud."

Ron laughed and stood holding his hand out for Harry. Taking his friend's hand he stood and they began walking back toward the castle.

"Ron, go inside, I think I have to do something."

Ron looked uncertain but Harry pushed him forward. "Trust me, Ron."

Harry then turned around and disappeared.