Chapter 20

Chapter 20-

Everything was too bright. Evangeline was overwhelmed by the brightness of the room. She lay there for a moment, eyes shut tight. She felt a hand cover hers and she stayed very still.

"Eva, honey, you need to wake up. I don't know if you can hear me but, Draco and I would like to offer you a place in our home. It's not about pity; we just know that you are part of our family. If you allow us we would like to be your parents, so we can love and protect you, like you should have been since you were born. Please, please, sweetheart, wake up."

She felt the person tighten their hold on her hand. Eva knew it must be Professor Potter so she slowly opened her eyes.

As soon as her Professor noticed her eyes were open, he smiled and covered her hand with both of his. "I knew you were going to wake up!"

She tried to smile but her whole body was completely numb. "Let me go and tell Madam Pomfrey and Draco or their going to kill me." He actually bent down and kissed her hand.

A few moments later she heard footsteps enter the hospital wing. She tried to smile but her body simply would not allow her to move. Finally when Madam Pomfrey moved toward her she spelled away her numbness.

When she could move again she slowly sat up in bed. Professor Malfoy walked to her side and took her hand. "I don't know if Harry told you but we would like to adopt you."

Eva wanted to cry but somehow she thought it might all be a dream. Without thinking she reached out and touched his face silently. When her fingertips touched his cheek she smiled.

Although her throat was sore she smiled before answering. "P-Professors, t-thank y-you f-for s-saving m-me."

Harry smiled behind Draco and nodded

Clearing her throat she continued "What happened to him? What about the orphanage?"

Harry was the first to answer "He is now in Azkaban, the wizard prison and we have hired new staff for the orphanage and we visit it every week to make sure it is a better environment for the kids."

She grinned and finally addressed what they had wanted to speak with her about for nearly three weeks.

"Professor Potter, Professor Malfoy, if you still want me…then I would really like to be a part of your family."

Harry grinned and stepped forward and kissed her forehead. Draco followed his example and also kissed her forehead.

"Welcome to our family, sweetheart" Harry smiled

/

The next day when Harry had gotten all of the adoption papers for the three children. He had been filling them all when he was suddenly struck by the realization that he was going to have four children. This time instead of feeling scared he felt happy and proud.

When the paperwork was complete he took the finished paperwork with him on his way to their rooms. As he entered he found his daughter Isabelle asleep on the couch while Loren lay asleep on the floor. His other daughter was sitting with his future husband in the kitchen.

Before joining them he kissed the two children and then walked to the kitchen. He kissed Eva's head and then kissed Draco's lips before handing him the finished paperwork.

He turned seriously to Eva. "Did you finish your catch up assignments?"

Eva looked surprised at having someone actually ask for her homework but she nodded and pointed to the large pile on her right. He smiled and looked proudly at her. "Good, Eva, we need to speak with you. We just finished the adoption paperwork but we need to ask you one last question. Isabelle and Loren will be going through a blood adoption." He then explained how that would happen. "We wanted to know if you would like to do the same or just do a normal adoption. Honey, just remember, we will love your either way."

She looked thoughtful and after a long pause she finally answered. "I want to do it. I've never had a family and I want to be a real part of this family. I know you would accept me regardless of any biological connection but I want to leave my old life behind."

They nodded and Draco asked the next question that they had decided to ask her. "Do you want to find out who your biological parents were before you go through with the adoption?"

"You can do that?"

Draco nodded and pulled out a potions vial. "All you need to do is drop one of your hairs into this potion and then you dip a quill into it and then touch paper and your birth parent's names appear on the parchment."

She thought about it and then nodded "If you two don't mind I would like to find out."

They nodded and Draco handed her the potion. Eva pulled one of her hairs and slipped it into the potion. Harry then handed her a quill and she dipped it in the potion before touching a clean sheet of parchment. Slowly words appeared on the paper.

Evangeline Turner-

Mother- Bellatrix Lestrange

Father- Lucius Malfoy

As they looked at the parchment Draco looked at his half sister. Harry looked at the daughter of the woman who killed his godfather. As they both looked at little Eva they both pushed any dark thoughts out of their mind, she was their daughter and no one would change that.

"What does this mean?" She looked scared.

Draco answered "it means, sweetheart, that you are my half sister. It also means that my father and my aunt had an affair and sired you when I was seven years old. It also means that your mother was a crazy murder that killed Harry's godfather and his adoptive brother."

"Draco!"

Eva looked terrified and was now starting to cry but before she could leave the room Harry had hugged her. "I don't care about any of that, Eva, you are my daughter and I will fight anyone who tries to deny this."

She turned to him and hugged him before crying silently into his robes. Harry glared at Draco and Draco finally realized how much he had hurt his daughter. He stood and walked to them, kneeling down he hugged her and whispered soothing words.

"I'm sorry Eva, I was just surprised. I agree with Harry, we are your parents no matter what. Now, do you still want to go through the adoption?"

She looked up at him and slowly nodded. "Alright, then how about we finish this paperwork and we can complete the adoption later tonight."

All three nodded and then Harry asked if she wanted to play a game of wizard's chess against him. While they were playing the twins woke up and watched their papa and new older sister play their game.

"Sorry papa but I hope my older sister wins" Isabelle said grinning at her father. Harry only patted her head before sticking his tongue out at her.

"I will cheer for you papa, but I also want Eva to win." Loren giggled when Harry pretended to be hurt.

Draco smiled and then burned the parchment with the two names, he meant what he said; she was their daughter.

𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara