The Secret Café

"Are you two going to act like this forever?" Josh asked. Daniella on one side of him and Chiara on the other, the professor mumbling in the background.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Daniella said while looking away on the professor. "You're like this for a week now, I'm sick of eating lunch with you." He said looking at Daniella. "You don't have to, I'll eat alone." She looked at him with a frown face. "Come on, you know each other since middle school, you can't throw all of it away." He glared between them. "Tell that to the one who left me for someone she knew five minutes ago." Dan muttered quietly.

The week passed by quickly, both of them haven't talked to each other since that talk they had the morning after the party. Daniella was actually ignoring her even though Chiara tried to explain herself more than once. Daniella also got closer to Josh to avoid Chiara in any chance, Josh wasn't a social person so she thought he wouldn't care a little bit of company.

"You're the one taking it so far! So I left without telling you, what's the big dill?" Chiara finally reacted looking at her over Josh. "You had a pretty good time anyway with whoever you spent that night with, so why do you even care?" She looked at her with furrowed eyebrows. "You spent that night with someone and you are angry at her for being also with someone?" Josh asked looking at Daniella too, confused.

Her eyes trailed between the two of their accusing faces. "I did, but that was after I saw you leaving with your little boyfriend." She spat. "Whore." Chiara said before looking away from her. "Let's not talk about you. At least I don't sleep with the first guy looking in my direction." She said before looking away too, crossing her arms.

"So.. you're not friends again?" Josh said with questioning tone. "No." Daniella and Chiara said together sternly. "Forget I asked." He raised his hands in surrender.

Soon after the professor called to dismiss the class and the students started leaving the classroom . "I was kidding about lunch, you can come with me." Josh said while Daniella was packing her things and Chiara already left. "It's okay Josh, I'm not hungry anyways." She said before laying her bag over her shoulder, ready to go. "Come on Dan, don't be mad at me too." He looked at her and she did too. "This is not funny Josh," she rolled her eyes and turned to walk away, him following beside her.

They walked down the hallway, "At least come with me, I'll buy you some coffee. I know you can't say no to coffee." He teased, he knew she loves coffee. she stopped her tracks, looking up at him. "You're trying to buy me with coffee?" She crossed her arms up to her chest, raising an eyebrow. "Is it working?" He raised an eyebrow in response, smiling with his teeth. Daniella looked at him for a second with straight face, "yes it's working." She released her crossed arms, trying to hide a smile as she turned to keep walking, Josh kept smiling to himself as they walked together out of the school's front gate.

"Where are we going?" She asked after they crossed the road to keep walking in the noisy street of Rome. "You live here for a year now and you still don't know where the best coffee is?" He said looking down at her. "Excuse me Mr. British but you're also here for a year." She mocked him. "But I go out, unlike you." He stopped his tracks in the middle of the street. "I do go out-" She stopped walking too, "why did we stop?" She looked at him in confusion. "It's here." He glared over her shoulder, Daniella turned to see what he was looking at.

It was a small boutique cafe, standing between two big stores. She wouldn't notice it if he didn't pointed it out. It looked cozy and warm from the outside, Daniella wandered what would it be from the inside.