The Wig

Monday morning and Daniella ran through the hallways as usual to not be late for her first period. Spoiler: she is. Her makeup was all messed up, the hair was frizzy and tangled- she looked like a mess.

She couldn't sleep until 4am last night, and when she did get some sleep, she had another sex dream with Damiano. Again. She stood at the entrance, peeking to see an unfamiliar teacher writing something on the board. She used the opportunity of him not seeing her to run towards her place next to Josh. "Who is that?" She whispered sitting in her seat. "Where's Mr. Colucci?" She looked at the teacher's back while organizing her stuff on the desk. "He's retired." Josh whispered back to her, writing some things on his notebook. "Oh." She opened her notebook, not willing to write anything anyway. "Okay," the teacher turned around after filling the board with words. "Now we-" he stopped when his eyes laid on Daniella. "Fuck." She cursed under her nose, her eyes met his.

The professor was dirty blonde, tall with a pair of deep brown eyes. His white elegant shirt was tight on his muscular body, a tie hanging on his chest. The blurry memory immediately came into her mind- that's the one she ran into the other night. The professor cleared his throat with a cough, trying to pretend he didn't recognize her. "A bit late aren't we?" He asked kind of pointing towards her. "Oh, sorry. I overslept." She said quickly, her cheeks turned red when the whole class looked at her. "I'll repeat it for you, I'm your new English teacher, you can call me Manuel, or professor Aguirre." He mentioned and Daniella nodded, then he turned back to keep his teaching. He was glancing over at her once in a while.

"Is he the one that-" Josh started saying after a while, "shhhhh." She shushed him, "what? You only-" He was cut off again. "I shouted 'bye hot guy' at him when I was drunk, this is embarrassing enough." She got back to stare at the board. "You could've done worse if I didn't stop you in time." He chuckled. "Can we not talk about that?" She raised her look to see everyone doing the task the professor asked to do.

Daniella looked at the professor, he was sitting on his chair, noting things on a piece of parchment. "How is he a professor anyways? He looks too young, and too hot.." She mumbled but Josh could hear her. "Hey, you have enough with an international rockstar, now a teacher?" He said ironically. "Shut up!me and Damiano are nothing." She rolled her eyes to his direction. "And that hickey?" He tucked away her hair to reveal a little already faded mark behind her ear.

Josh already saw this in the taxi on their way back, but he didn't mention it until now. She gasped, "what hickey?!" She looked at him with horror. Some pupils turned their looks to their direction after she said it too loudly. She picked up her phone, looking at herself on the camera. A faded mark was below her ear- just where he "kissed" her that night. "Son of a bitch." She stared at it on her reflection. "Was he good at least?" Josh teased.

Daniella turned her phone off, glaring at him with deadly eyes. She wasn't expecting Damiano to mark her, she didn't even notice it. "You wish that was you huh?" She raised her eyebrow in a teasing way. "I knew you did something in that room." He looked away, back to the professor who was watching them as he talked about some essay, his eyes very interested in what the hell they were talking about. "Stop being jealous, it makes wrinkles." She said looking away too, meeting the tense blue eyes of her professor. "I'm not jealous." He scoffed.

In some way he was. And Daniella knew this.

"You have until next Sunday to submit the essay into my mail, have a good day." Mr. Aguirre dismissed the class, people started packing their things and leave. "Miss.." the professor looked at his paper on the table, "Miss Litman, please come for a second." He called for Daniella and her heart started racing in her chest. She felt embarrassed already, now he wants to talk about it? "Fuck, wish me luck." She packed her things, left Josh and walked to him.