Libra Kingdom Arc - Chapter 2: Adventurer Registration

After entering the city and asking for directions, I have finally arrived at the Adventurer's Guild. It was a tall building made out of a hard type of wood, when I came inside, many adventurers with their rambunctious talks and games stopped and looked at me. I thought this was common so I ignored it and entered while looking around.

Most people here were dressed funny like out of a cosplay, except this was real and common sense in this world. Mages, warriors, assassins, monks, archers and priests I can see them all here seated at the many tables strewn all over this space. Even two dwarves were drinking in front of the warm hearth while arguing with a male elf.

And on the far end was a bar manned by many clerks, besides it on the other hand were the famous receptionists in isekai managing paperwork and processing the quests picked off by other adventurers.

I walked to the nearest reception. A young woman who stood there acknowledged my presence and smiled sincerely. She was the receptionist, she had long light-brown hair with the ends of her hair being pinned together and braided, bright blue eyes and the signature feature of her face which was a dot near the corners of her lips. She wore the same uniform that the receptionists here wore, which consists of a red jabot, white dress shirt covered by a navy vest, a long black pencil skirt, and a three-strap black belt which had the symbol of the Libra Kingdom embedded on the middle.

"Good afternoon miss, how may the guild help you? Are you here to put up quests or perhaps register as an Adventurer? I haven't seen your face around here before so it may be the latter."

She talked a bit faster than the average person and she did it all with a smile on her face. I have to admit, she's pretty cute too and has a nice female figure. But most of all, it must be re~ally tiring to smile like that all day.

"I'm here to register as an adventurer, is that okay?"

"Yes! By all means, you're very welcome in our establishment!"

She asked me to wait for a second and she shrunk down at her desk, trying to take something. She emerged from it afterwards and placed a tablet looking device on the table. It had a blue screen with several lines decorating it.

"Then please place any of your two hands on this."

I did as she asked and placed my left hand on top of the tablet's screen. It instantly began to glow brighter and a sort of white light kept creeping forwards and backwards on my hand like it was getting scanned.

"It's a magitech device that the Magic Tower had invented recently. It allows us to evaluate an adventurer's physical and magical abilities including potential growth. You could say this is a test, if you fail this with low scores on both criteria, it will mean you won't be able to join the guild."

My spine tingled. So there was a possibility I wouldn't be able to join the guild if this thing evaluates my power as no good. After the light had diminished, receptionist girl carefully took away the device and looked at the results.

"Oh? What a surprise. For a woman, you're quite built in physical abilities, miss. This is a bit rare."

I sighed in relief at her remark.

"Does this mean I pass?"

"With flying colors, why yes. Your physical abilities are a full 100 and so is your magic, they are both at superb. You're pretty lucky to have both being so high. I expect you will become a powerful adventurer someday."

She said earnestly while looking at the tablet that scanned me.

"But please don't neglect polishing your skills just because of that, okay? I have met many adventurers who've reached their demise because of their foolish overconfidence."