Libra Kingdom Arc - Chapter 5: This Girl Is Weird

What appeared before us was a gloomy stairs leading downwards. It was so dark outside and inside so I can't make out what  lies beyond the blackness of this place. Just when I was wondering what to do next, Pellet spoke.

"Let's head back... The goblin subjugation quest is over..."

She turned around to head back to the village. If she's just going to leave like that, then what did we almost die for?

"Eh? Then what about this thing?"

"I have already put a tracking magic mark on it. My subordinates from the Magic Tower will take care of it. Our investigation here is over, let's go."

Listening to her orders like she was the leader, I followed her who was walking away.

Owh wait, I should bring these lycan statues with me. It will fetch a high price in the city, I bet. Obviously since it's made of gold and it looks like it was made by an excellent sculptor.

"Wait, Pellet-chan."

I called out to her, she turned around to face me with her bored green eyes. She didn't say anything but only stared at me waiting for an answer.

"Let's bring these golden statues with us!"

Her eyes were set in attention by the gold lycans I pointed at and approached them all whilst carressing their unmoving bodies. She later averted her gaze to me to ask a certain question.

"Are they made from real gold?"

I nodded to her in reply. I'm sure they're made of gold since it's what I wrote. Her eyes widened a little and she pulled something out of her pocket. It looked like a ring with ornate flower designs made out of silver with a red jewel as it's main icon.

She pointed the red jewel on the ring at one of the lycans and it disappeared without a trace after getting sucked inside the jewel. So that's how she did it?!

I thought it was some sort of magic bag but to think it was a ring, it's strange how she just keeps it on her pocket.

After finishing to acquire all the golden statues, she walked over to me and urged me to head back with her.

While walking back through the unpaved roads leading to the city, I found out from Pellet that every high ranking adventurer had atleast one. Any adventurer can buy them, they just costed alot of money.

Even though I had atleast two gold coins now from this quest, it's still not going to be enough to purchase one. I heard from Pellet that the storage ring stores things depending on their weight. Hers for example had a weight limit of 10,000 kilograms. Ofcourse there were rings with smaller space but the prices jumps higher in the opposite because of how harder it is to produce storage rings with larger spaces.

▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️

"We're back."

I casually said after entering the guild hall. We didn't need to call out for Nina-san for her to notice that we're back, she gave us a relieved expression with that sweet face of hers.

Along with Pellet and the pleasure of victory for achieving our separate but allied jobs, we reported to Nina-san about the completion of my quest.

"Ara? Why is Seven-chan with the famous Lake Witch?"

Although she sounded lively and respectful, Nina-san looked a bit troubled while putting her palm on her beautiful white cheek.

"Lake Witch?"
I asked sincerely, I knew from the start that Pellet-chan isn't an ordinary person and it had me curious as someone who admires her.