Libra Kingdom Arc - Chapter 4: Rewrite!

I looked from behind me and saw four wolf-like bipedal creatures standing 20 metres watching us. Pellet-chan was on the other hand, observed them carefully for any signs of inconspicuous movements.

She's staying quiet again. I can tell that she's currently pretending to be frozen in place from fear but actually casting a spell. I must buy time for her to finish that said incantation. I slowly moved my hands to grab hold of my sword's hilt. The enemy is still observing us like hawks.

Nevertheless, I must admit. It's pretty dark in this place, it's going to be a tough fight if I go against these things in this kind of vision disadvantage. I quickly stood at a sword stance in front of Pellet as her vanguard which alerted the wolves.

"Holy Light!"

Pellet shouted out from behind me. Pellet had raised her staff upwards and the crystal embedded in it's center brought out a strong white light that illuminated a huge chunk of the dark forest. Not only did the light blind the mysterious monsters who have obviously secluded themselves in the darkness, it also helped me see where they were now that I can see!

My feet zapped me into the front of one of the doggos and with a violent impact and crack, it was flung high into the air as I kicked it from it's chin. It's probably dead now and it won't be able to call for reinforcements either with it's vocal chord being broken down.

The next!

I dashed at one of it's allies which was blinded next to him and planted my sword at it's right eyeball. It screamed in agony and it's face was distorted in anger and pain, when it had tried to pierce me with both it's claws in a pincer attack, I put power in my arms and pushed the blade deep enough for the sword to strike it's brain. It shivered for a bit before lying flat on the ground, dead.

"My spell is going to end soon and more of them are going to keep coming because of that last howl!"

Pellet cried out to me who just yanked my sword out of the monster's eye socket. It was unnatural for me to see her like this, since I always portrayed her as a calm and quiet individual since we met. And indeed, that last scream it had done will surely make more of them come. For now, I'll finish off these two.

Before the light spell runs out, I dashed at one of those things and sneaked up on it's back to skewer it's heart. After I had succeeded, it also shrieked and made it's call for reinforcements ring across the forest.

*SFX for footsteps*

"!?"

With a violent jerk to pull out the sword from it's heart, I fell back as the last wolf made it's way towards us, delivering a fatal blow to it's ally's neck with it's claws. Causing a huge chunk of it's neck being cut down.

That was close, it may not be able to see but it still can sense with it's remaining senses besides sight.

I watched as the corpse was decapitated by it's former comrade's claws. It fell with a dull sound on the ground.

"Limit..."

The light from Pellet's spell had disappeared. The werewolf-like creature who knew now that it can see, opened it's crimson eyes and locked it's sights on me. Revealing it's mouth full of tiny fangs.

The monster rushed at it's prey which was me, after covering a good distance, it raised it's claws on each sides and attempted to slice my body in half with it's right hand's claws. I managed to avoid it by jumping upwards. His attack may have missed, but his eyes were still locked on to me. Now that I'm this close, looking at it's face I can tell it's not a werewolf from it's flatter face and vampiric appearance, this thing might be something similar to a Lycan so let's go with that.