Libra Kingdom Arc - Chapter 12: Let The Battle Begin!

Precisely like the Intel said, our targets were indeed at the center of the forest. The deepest parts where they nested was to be described as nothing but horrific and unappetizing.

I was appalled by the scene that met my eyes. The orcs had human livestock, human meat and human playthings in their settlement that were most likely the adventurers that went missing. It was nauseating, it made me want to cut off their testicles out of the rage that was piling within me uncontrollably. As a human myself, I can't accept it as normal even if in this world. Moreover, it's my first time seeing such a thing in the flesh in my entire life.

Not like I could even hurt them at this distance anyway. I was merely having One share her senses with me.

I am in the Adventurer's Campsite where majority of my subordinates are currently asleep. Time is at 12am and we will move at 2am, I'm satisfied with what I saw, I didn't want to watch any more. I don't want to be unnecessarily worried and rush there in a hurry to save all those people. But...

My personal grudges aside, I should work out while waiting for 2am.

I triggered the 2nd and 3rd Stages Of Mana Usage and began refining my magic core while performing mediocre push ups to simultaneously train my body and magic power.

Since I felt that it was too hot in this outfit while training, I took them off. It's okay, noone was watching anyway.

...

After unequipping my armor, what was left was my chest binded with strap clothings to cover my pair of you-know-what.

"Hm... Maybe I should work out on my abs next time."

I don't get tired so working out is a really efficient way of training my body's power, speed, flexibility and muscular endurance.

I proceeded in my push ups all the while increasing my magic output. Doing this process was not at all boring, because I had to keep the mana flow in check and observe for anyone watching me. An hour and a half has passed not anything bothered my time, until atleast I heard a man speak in front of me in a cold and dignified voice that was faintly familiar. I didn't even hear anything approach me.

"Are you the one called Seven Clavery?"

I didn't halt my push ups but I clearly knew it was the Guild Master. The presence he always emitted was afterall the nearest. Why did I not stop doing push ups? Well, I'm almost naked so I don't even want to reveal my developed chest if I stand up.

"Yes I am, how can I help you, Guild Master?"

"Earlier you defended against my attack with something, didn't you? But that thing disappeared in an instant and I was not able to appraise what it was. What exactly was it?"

His voice was quiet but also threatening. I don't know the difference of power between us but I should atleast act nice.

"It was a sword my father gave me before he passed away."

Going by my background story, I made another excuse. He pondered for a while but believed that story nevertheless. I thought for a moment that he'd be much sharper with how he looks.

"Hm... I see. So that's how it is. Your rank is not suitable for you as it is unbefitting of your power. I will quickly raise your rank up to C Rank after this."

"Wait— seriously?!"

"Ofcourse it will not be instant. You will be taking your time. It would leave a bad taste on your fellow rankers' mouths if you were the same rank as them but far more talented."

I agreed to his remark and agreed to those terms as well. So is that all he wanted to say? I can't reject the fact I'm feeling hyper knowing that I'm not weak though.