Libra Kingdom Arc - Chapter 9: Hunter, Screampeas and Raptors

"What cat-ears?! I'm from the Leopard Tribe!"

That's still a cat.

The young lady that just appeared had short brown hair, purple eyes and an outfit that screams that of a gyaru in my previous world. She may not look hostile, but I took a defensive stance right away and One reflexively climbed a tree for safety.

"A-Anyway, why are you spying on me?"

"I wasn't spying on you, why would I even?"

I lowered down my guard for now. Seeing my get-up then also my storage ring, she looked like something came over her.

"Are you an adventurer?"

"Yes, I am."

"My name is Hunter Arlet. Care to introduce yourself?"

"Hee, so you're a hunter. I'm Seven Clavery, a low ranked Adventurer."

I completely left myself open and calmed down, sitting on the floor while staring at her. Seeing the situation safe, One went down the tree and rested herself on my lap.

"You got something wrong. I'm not a hunter, my name is Hunter Arlet. I'm also an adventurer."

"I'm sorry for the trouble. So your first name is Hunter and your last name is Arlet, right?"

"Mn, that's right."

"So what are you doing out in this forest?"

The one who asked is me. She didn't look much of a fighter with that get up. Moreover, she's a girl so maybe a mage?

"If you're asking me, I was hired by the Guild Master to execute a thorough investigation of the orc issue. Moreover, to find out what caused it in the first place."

Ah, so the guild master already sent someone to be his informant. I listened intently to her explanation, but my eyes were mostly focused on her ears and the fluffy tail swaying smoothly on her back.

"So did you find anything valuable?"

She replied with a nod and recklessly gave me even more information.

"I found traces of summoning magic at their base. Based on their numbers, equipment and number of shamans, I can roughly guess they wanted to summon a monster from another world and make it wreck havoc upon the human lands."

"Wh-What?!"

"I know. I'm curious too but I found no other monster near their base, and I heard no news of any towns being attacked by a monster yet either."

M-Maybe that's... I might be that 'monster from another world' she's looking for. Well, I have to keep quiet or I'll be in big trouble-

"Heey~ come to think of it, you're not from here are you?"

"Y-Yep! I just registered to the adventurer guild the other day and came here to test out my magic!"

Here she comes with the suspicions! Is she attacking me on purpose?! Theres no way she found out, right?

I put on a fake smile to deceive her. I don't know if it'll work but it's worth a try!

"Hm..."

She leaned closer to me with sharp eyes that looked like it was trying to pierce through my soul.

After pondering for a while it looked like the mood she had, immediately changed.

"Oh! A newbie! Nice to meet you!"

"Y-Yeah... Please take good care of me."

"Fufu, I'll take care of you lots, kouhai. I'm a Thief class adventurer. I specialize in infiltrating enemy settlements and gathering information."