Libra Kingdom Arc - Chapter 10: Battle Preparation

"Onee-chan!"

"Big Sis! Good morning!"

I was greeted by the newbies
that I rescued from that night, I returned their greetings respectfully.

"Good morning, onee-chan! Goodluck with the raid!"

Two days had already passed and this is the aforementioned time that we are to set out to the Forest Of Scritz's depths. All in order to exterminate the army of orcs that's been threatening the safety of our comrades. By the way, I didn't inform those kids that I'm the same rank as them so they think I'm participating in the battle as a high ranker. I know I can't join but I have a plan.

During those two days, I learned one magic offense spell and also tried working out to raise my body physically. I feel slight changes already and it makes me happy just thinking of how much I improved. Are you confused how I can understand their language? It's because I also bought a translator magic device the day after Leyla and I said our farewells. I got the money by selling five golden lycan statues.

Various adventurers of different classes, ranks and appearances gathered in the guild hall. They numbered over hundreds and I was part of that crowd. Specifically at the very back because that's where we lower ranks were told to behave.

Finally, the man who we met last time, the Guild Master has appeared with his overbearing aura and presence of a king.

The room fell completely and utterly silent the moment he raised his chin to speak.

"As you all know, the orcs have built their base at the center of the Scritz Forest. Their goal is unsure yet but we are assuming that they were there to summon a 'monster from another world'."

Like bees in a nest, the guild hall was enveloped in the gossips and whispers of everyone present except the staff, Guildmaster and some high ranking adventurers aiming to keep a good image.

"They did not succeed."

The state of panic that everyone had was devoured by the Guild Master's words.

"Although these monstrosities are highly remarkable as they came from another world, wielding the power of their former world, they have a very low success rate of being summoned. If we take into consideration that we have had no reports of suspicious business whatsoever in the past few days of their first appearance, we can safely deduce that they have failed."

The adventurers including the staff members cheered and the whole building roared in jubilation. Looking from their side, it was like they already won.

I on the other hand watched like a regular bystander.

I'm not from this world so I don't know why I should be as happy as them. I can only be like them if I knew how dangerous an otherworldly monster is.

Everyone here other than me looked overjoyed. I can only conclude from this that it's a good thing I wasn't a dangerous monster.

But...

I wish I could be as happy as they are now. I feel so out of place, but I can endure that much.

While I was busy sulking, I felt someone grab hold of my hand. It was Hunter Arlet, the best information breaker of the guild. Who I have recently become very wary of.

She's a nosy individual who liked looking into people's backgrounds if she liked them. I was one of her victims. And obviously because I didn't come from this world, she didn't have anything to study on about me. The only thing she found out is where my inn was, what food I like eating and the lie I made about me being a parentless child from a far away cabin in the woods.