Sun Dragon Arc - Chapter 38: Dark General Nemisis

The congregations of trees got more separated the more we delved deeper into elven territory with Estel leading the way. Since the moonlight was gradually getting clearer, my night vision increased slightly with the Owl Lenses.

It also seems like elves can naturally see in the dark since they have their own night vision.

I was beginning to hear chaos from afar, so I conjured five magic swords in the case of a surprise attack.

"S-Seven..."

Like I feared, we were attacked. Thick vines numbering over ten started emerging from the ground and tried to assault us in all directions.

Since Estel is still recovering her mana, I dealt with it myself by making my swords thrice larger and producing thirty more.

"Magic Sword Arts: Bladestorm."

My swords orbited me and Estel then formed a tornado that shredded the vines that tried to pass through. By far this is the best offence and defence technique I know with my swords.

Once all the vines vanished, I cancelled the sword art before it drained more than 5% of my mana.

The elven village was just as it was described by the elves back at the Star Continent. Their homes were attached to the tallest trees in the entire forest. No, perhaps they ARE attached. Knowing elves, they despise destroying nature so they'd rather use wood magic to build their homes rather than chop wood like humans do.

However the forest was currently being burned down. Debris of fallen huts crashed on the ground and the citizens were nowhere to be found.

"Estel!"

A female elf with ashen hair came to us while panting gravely. Her hair disheveled and clearly stressed out, but ofcourse she's a girl so she's still cute for me.

"Caine, what's the situation?"

"Haah... Hah... W-Well, the militants are out there pushing back the hoard of monsters but we can't be sure they'll be lasting long... Have you gotten reinforcement from the humans yet?"

"Y-Yeah..."

The elf named Caine's eyes fell on me who was standing innocently next to Estel. Then her expression suddenly went several changes after she looked into my mana. The first one was concerning since she drooled a little but she fixed that with a look of approval.

"S-Still, a Sorcerer is enough, right?"

"A single human sorcerer... I don't know, but we should try. Those humans are such cheapskates to send a single magic caster here."

Truth is noone sent me, but her misunderstanding seems fun to listen to so I'll let it be.

"Um, can I have more details about this issue?"

I asked Caine kindly and she started to fill me in.

"Well, I think we're dealing with a Dark General."

"A Dark General!?"

Estel looked surprised after hearing that, I guess anyone would have the same reaction if it were someone else. That being said, I'm also quite dumbfounded. This means I'm going to be fighting a Dark General?

"At most we probably would need a Grand Sorcerer for this. But we have your back... Wait, what's your name again?"

"It's Seven Clavery."

"We have your back Seven Clavery, so please help us. If things get too dangerous and might take your life, please retreat quickly, you're not obliged to risk your life for us."