Sun Dragon Arc - Chapter 39: Gratitude

One thing for certain is that, this girl will be executed if I hand her over to the elves. Questioning her sounds like something great to do since she's of a high ranking status in the Dark Lord's army and should know the other generals. The information she can offer may possibly be related to the next incoming attacks of her side. However, my instincts are telling me she'll be killed.

Then again, does she even want to serve under her boss to begin with? I'm certain she mentioned she and the other generals were cursed by the current Dark Lord to do as he says, I can't even imagine myself in their situation.

For now, I should clear up this place of monsters after I get Nemisis somewhere safe.

I'm in the middle of the woods, where can I even hide her? I guess I'll just push her over to Alric's portal and let her stay there. But first off, let's cure this curse and see if there actually is one with [Write Destiny].

Just as I was going to reach out for my quill and parchment, looks like One already prepared them for me.

Hmm, let's see.

"The curse of enslavement
inflicted by The Dark Lord
on the Dark Elf Nemisis
will be Removed entirely."

After that, red flames consumed the paper meaning the cost for this miracle was higher than I had expected.

『20,000 Affection Points had been deducted from Seven Clavery.』

Wh-What? That much? Was the curse that strong? That's one crazy spell to have costed such a disasterous amount of Affection Points.

It's a good thing I only used that spell on Nemisis. Because I was also thinking of freeing the other generals, I had the idea to just release them all from one skill activation. But if I did so just now, then not only would I lose all my points, I may have even lost my mind again.

Would using too much at once also have any negative effects?

But then, a worse possibility came to my mind. What if all my affection points are gone and reach a debt of more than 10,000? A debt of almost 2,000 already made me have an unstoppable urge to lunge on Aria that time, what if this time I had so much debt and it isn't paid in time?

Will I lose my mind and go crazy?

Or will I die?

I would rather prefer dying than becoming crazy unless someone could actually cure me.

Putting my worries aside, I should focus on my current problem and call for Alric.

Using my storage ring, I brought out a smartphone and immediately went into our messenger app. Once I did, I selected Alric's crappy portrait and started texting him.

SevenOne:
Alric, are you still up?

BestHeroYukio:
Yeah I am, what's up?

SevenOne:
I need you to open your gate, I'm going to send someone there.

BestHeroYukio:
I'm betting it's a girl. You chick magnet.

SevenOne:
That's not important right now. Come on and open it up.