Sun Dragon Arc - Chapter 37: An Elf's Plea

Right now I'm all alone. A little while ago I brought Asura and her parasite to a city with a rented inn that would last them a month. During that time they should be able to make a living.

'It's pretty cold now isn't it.'

The weather right now is terrible.

Blankets of ice extended from the grass plains onto the outreaches of the forest where I arrived. It looks like winter is here.

I let out a cloudy breath.

Since it was cold, I was wearing a coat, a jacket, a scarf, earmuffs and mittens to nullify it. It may be overkill but I'm just glad that I got to use it. I bought these 3 days after I arrived in this world afterall which is several months ago. That's just how cautious I am, to the point I'm thinking I'm paranoid.

The unpaved road stretched so far that I don't even know if there's anything it leads to anymore. I'm just walking mindlessly, wanting to travel wherever I want.

Should I have just stayed with that Asura girl and helped her with saving her people? No, I shouldn't. That's her own business and that parasite is helping her. I don't want to get in the way of their adventure.

Plus, I have a feeling that those two are strong. I doubt anyone but them defeated those T-Rexes in that large forest.

"Kreeeeee!"

Sheesh, monsters again.

While I was peacefully walking the snowy roads on my own, the peace was disrupted by raptors.

Hm? These aren't velociraptors. They look like them but these things have tons of feathers on themselves and they're red. Slightly bigger too.

I don't know alot about dinosaur stuff so I can't tell what it is.

I want to analyze what these things are, but I'm going to run out of affection points if I don't use it wisely.

There were only five of these raptors and one of them tried to lunge at my back, attacking me at my blindspot.

It's cold so I have to finish this quickly. Quick movements are bound to make me feel colder and that's bad.

"Bane Of True Evil."

I summoned Bane Of True Evil and the moment it appeared in my hands, it was set alight. My body was immediately wrapped in warmth.

Unexpectedly, the raptors flinched upon seeing the fiery sword in my hand and ran away in different directions.

I have a feeling they were afraid of fire even though a blizzard was imminent.

Assuming that the sword became fire attributed because the raptors had the ice attribute, I thought this was good.

The moment they fleed, Bane Of True Evil no longer deemed the raptors as enemies and became attributeless again.

"That should be good..."

I dismissed my weapon.

I should have used this since earlier rather than suffer with the cold, but I was too lazy so I just dealt with it. But because those raptors gave me some motivational change of mood, I casted fire magic on my hand to serve as my portable heater.

While continuing my journey with a bobbing fireball in hand, I traversed the ever so chilly path. It's become really hard to see now that the snow was too much that it obscured my view. I don't think I'd even realize a truck was coming my way in this storm if I don't hear it.

It really is amazing. The grass plains became a snow plains overnight and I continued to walk for hours. The magical fire I held above my hand wasn't consuming much mana, it can't even eat a percentile of my already large mana pool since it's just a novice level spell.