Aries Kingdom Arc - Chapter 22: I'm Not The Only One?

"Have you seen a monster before?"

"Yes I did, I was an Adventurer."

Currently, I was being taught in the Magic Beasts And How To Tame Them subject. Apparently, there was such a subject there at school where we identify monsters and attempt to befriend them with our capabilities. I find it a very interesting subject.

"I also have a pet right now."

I added while forking out One from her home.

"Is that so?"

I always tell One to stay inside my small bag so I only grabbed her from there and showed the squirrel to Lista-san. After that came a thorough inspection, she was looking at it from different sides and carefully observed One's eyes.

"It's completely tamed. How very talented you are in monster-human bond, Seven."

"By the way, can you tell me about it's species?"

"A Recon Sedar. It's abilities are widely known for their splendid hiding skills, they are good military weapons to be used in gathering intel. As we could attach magic devices to them that record either images or audio."

Only one of the two recording techs, huh. I guess this world isn't as advanced as I had thought it was. There's still no possibility that phones can be made yet.

Her eye glasses glinted amusingly once again. At that moment, I heard a feminine voice behind me which made me look from behind by my shoulders.

"Grandmother, are you tutoring someone again?"

It was that girl called Minerva again. Blonde hair and blue eyes, moreover, she smells so nice. It's like she just took a bath.

"Minerva, this is Seven Clavery. She will be your colleague in the Magic Academy this year."

"Nice to meet you, Seven. I am Minerva Stonegale. A Wind-Water mage."

A dual specialist? This is the first I've heard of it. In any case, I should introduce myself as well.

"Seven Clavery, Unattributed Mage."

I stood up and offered her my hand to shake. But both grandmother and her looked puzzled.

"Unattributed? Is that a way to say you can't use magic?" She inquired.

"No, this is Unattributed Magic."

I casted a magic sword in thin air and grabbed it's hilt to show to Minerva and Lista-san.

"Eh? Isn't this Light Magic? But it seems kinda solid..."

"No granddaughter, this is indeed unattributed. A light magic spell would be much brighter than this and it's brightness is always almost blinding to the eyes."

They both tried touching it and were convinced it was indeed unattributed. Afterall, I never used the magic array to convert it to any element. In fact, I took it out. I wanted a magic spell that didn't have disadvantages and advantages so a neutral element might have been the best.

"Who taught you this, Seven?"

Minerva asked me while holding her chin wonderingly. I find her so cute right now.

"I actually made this myself by tampering with an Ice Spear Spell by accident."

That's right, while I was trying to learn a magic spell before the battle with Garek, I somehow messed up and forgot to add a few syllables in the magic formula and because of that, it turned into Unattributed Magic. As I didn't like spears either, I modified the formula once again and made them into swords. Although I can still make the Magic Spears just in case I need more penetrative power or long ranged attacks.