Sun Dragon Arc - Chapter 36: True Sincerity

Our journey lasted for half a day. The weather was a constant switch of sunny and cloudy, the heat from the sun was sublime so it was excellent too. Overall my hike is actually satisfactory, not boring at all.

I'm guessing the ozone layer in this world is in perfect condition compared to my previous world. Although I haven't really felt any scorch in Japan before.

The breeze is slightly cold so I'm guessing winter is right around the corner.

As we walked, I determined that our destination is nearing close. A few kilometers below a cliff, there was a city surrounded by walls.

I really can trust [Write Destiny]'s efficiency.

"I think we're here."

I informed Asura as I observed the scenery from below. It looks like that city is in a grass plains biome which is enclosed by groups of woodland.

"Look down."

I said when she was finally next to me.

That being said, the breeze in this place where I'm high up feels like I'm in heaven. Not! It's cold!

"I think I'll be leaving you there, Asura. I hope you'll be fine by yourself."

I gave Asura an affectionate smile. I was genuinely happy in helping her with this since it reminded me of how Thalia-san helped me.

That's strange though, unlike most people, Asura is composed when a beauty like me smiles for her. Does she lack a thing for common sense? Well, doesn't matter.

"Thank you..."

That's what I've wanted to hear.

Asura thanked me while bowing her head, this meant that she was grateful to me for going with her this far. I'm not done yet until I get her in that city though, since I'm entirely sure there's an entrance fee and she's penniless.

"Before leaving, I'll accompany you until it's safe. Please allow me this, I'm just worried something might happen to you on the way."

I'm not worried about her getting attacked by monsters because I'm sure that parasite will protect her. What I'm worried about is she encounters some perverts like the one earlier and having to deal with it herself. Plus, I'm not entirely sure if that parasite can keep her from harm.

She nodded in response which I took as a yes from her. Her safety is important, really important! I can't let a cute girl like this get hurt at all!

I stroked her hair and she seemed no different than a white puppy in my perspective right now.

"Good girl, good girl... So adorable..."

You can't imagine how much I want to kiss this girl right now and throw her in bed. Who cares if I'm 5 years older! Just kidding.

Since we now know where to go, Asura and I descended the forest through a ridged path that lead downwards, this is most likely the road the merchants take to traverse this land.

To be honest, Asura's a really quiet individual. I'm guessing she can talk with that parasite so she's that quiet.

At last after four hours of moving, we've entered the line. Albeit we had to take several breaks because Asura was exhausted and I also had to carry her on my back on the way.

It's at times like this when I have someone to compare with that I appreciate I have unlimited stamina.

From what I've heard from one of the city sentries that keep watch over the gate, the currency of this continent is called Gryles. There's not much difference compared to Mithras, their currency's values are the same. The only thing different is that Gryles has a dragon as it's design whereas the one in the star Continent possess constellations in correspondence to their nations.