ONE

VIRTUAL REALITY

I was dying from boredom during 4th period. I have been listening to Mrs. Chang's history lecture for the past hour and a half and I swear I could feel myself going catatonic. It is not as if I don't have an interest in History. But the truth is, I love it. It is just that, Mrs. Chang is like this one specific character in that Monsters Inc. movie, Roz. I wanted to stand up and teach the class in behalf of her.

We've got 30 minutes left until the bell rings and I prayed silently that Jesus gets me through this wave just like how he got Moses to pass through the damn sea. Luckily, I was seated at the back of the class. I pulled out my phone and made sure it was on mute. I've decided to kill the time left by logging in game to play Dungeon Wars.

Before, this game was only available in PC but the developers released the mobile app recently, which totally got me addicted to it a lot more than before. Not to brag, but I made my way to the global top rank in-game. I've invested so much time with it to a point where I don't really go out and meet others just like what normal people around my age do.

Having said that, I don't really try and get my way in any of the cliques in this university. I'm on my own most of the time and as a matter of fact, I prefer it that way. That's one of the things I like about being in college. You get to be more independent and it don't really matter if you have friends or none. You don't have to worry about eating alone. I can buy food at the cafeteria and eat while walking or eat under a tree for all I care, no one would mind.

I can't say I don't have a friend at all though because that would be a lie. There's my friend Criza and she's exactly like me. We both liked gaming and we hit it off pretty well. Actually, we almost dated each other but realized there's nothing more to it than friendship. Dating her was like dating your own sister, it felt so fucking weird and wrong. We have never talked about it after that and I was relieved, After all, I wouldn't know how to deal with it if the latter ends up feeling something more than friendship.

Back to the game I was playing, I sat quietly at the corner while waiting for Mrs. Chang's class to end. I queued for a random dungeon run and found a partner. I usually wouldn't queue and do it with random players but Criza is offline, so I was on my own. I got successfully paired with a level 80 Paladin. Sweet! I thought. This player had both heal and dps specs while I, as a Death Knight am equipped with a full tank gear. I can lure the mobs while he can deal minimum damage and heal me at the same time.

××××××××××

Donato: Hey, u ready?

Belinda: Yep, cn u solo Tank?

Donato: Ye ofc. 😁

Belinda: lol well aren't you cocky? Let's see what you got.

Donato: Sure, just keep me alive.

Belinda: No biggie 😉

Donato: K, let's go

××××××××××

This player I swear. First, she questions if I can solo tank. She can clearly inspect my shit and she'd see what I'm capable of and then goes about seeing what I've got in this game. I'm at the top rank for a reason.

××××××××××

Donato: Stay behind, let me pull all the mobs and kill all at once before we go to the boss.

Belinda: Eh? U sure u want to do that? If you die, I'm not resurrecting you.

Donato: Look, I've done this over a million times just keep healing me