FIFTEEN

WHEN THE CHICKEN FALLS

Never in my life have I thought of falling this hard for someone. With Joao, it had been a whirlwind romance, which was exciting and both scary at the same time. If you don’t know, whirlwind romances tend to end up abruptly.

I didn’t want that to be honest. I never planned to meet him from the very beginning. Unlike Donny and Belle, we were complete strangers to each other before meeting and when that moment came, I swear I felt myself gasping for air. Joao is handsome as fuck. It didn’t even occur to me that I’d meet someone that’d make my heart beat this fast in this lifetime.

I most probably have it bad for this man. I just knew I had to make him mine and I did not bother to waste time when I got the chance. Love at first sight was real for me. Not technically love, if you know what I mean, it’s the essence of it. You know that feeling where you’re just immediately attracted to someone? Yeah, that’s it. I was hooked.

We spent so much time together after comic-con. Something that wasn’t actually that serious on that day turned out to be something more and there’s no backing out. I never back out. He is all kinds of attractive. I don’t even know where to begin. It’s just that, whatever he does seem to have an effect on me. Different kinds of effect and I swear on my ancestors grave, it’s something better than chicken and I couldn’t even believe I’m comparing my feelings to him over chicken.

But you don’t get it, I love chicken. I own a restaurant because of my love for chicken and then there’s this boy who came in like a wrecking ball that tore all my walls down and all of a sudden, chickens didn’t matter. (It sort of still does) but you know? I’m fucking in love.

Spending time with him got me learning so many things about him. I was eager to know more and that’s what I did. He intrigued me. How can he take over my thoughts like this? What’s with him? What makes him special?  There’s just so many questions. We have time though. It seems to me he’s also as interested as I am although he’s quite subtle about it unlike me.

I act like a raging-hormonal teenager around him. I don’t even know why, it’s stupid but I couldn’t help it. I feel fucking giddy around this bitch, I don’t even know when I became like this. It’s probably because I’ve never been this way. I’d also like to apologize about my language. I can get… carried away you know?

In a short period of time, Joao and I have grown attached to each other. We actually do not have the same wavelength. In truth, we’re so fucking different. But it works for both of us. It’s like our differences matches perfectly. He’s my missing piece and so was I to him. I’d make him laugh with my stupid ass jokes, he’d ask me where I get my humor and I’d simply make another joke and he’d laugh again. I really don’t know where I get these jokes to be fucking honest.

It’s like my brain just formulates shit and then I’d give it a go. I am probably crazy. Crazy in love. Shit. He should probably run for the hills. If someone read my mind as it is, he would probably freak out. It’s too intense for anyone’s liking. However, in my defense, It’s just because Joao makes me feel so many things I’ve never felt before. It’s all new. It’s all fucking brand new. He’s a breath of fresh air.  I mean, have you seen what he looks like?

I’d be crazy if I let him slip away and miss my chance. The boy could probably cure the sick and make the limp walk normally because of his beauty.

It’s ethereal. Every time his lips lands on mine, it feels like the world has given me the greatest gift of all. The gift of being able to kiss Joao Constancia. It felt like a hero’s welcome. Just holy shit. His lips were so soft and he tasted so sweet.

Imagine that feeling where you’ve gone to war and have won the battle, and then you come home after a long ass period of time, after fighting for your country, for your brothers and sisters, for your loved ones and then you finally get to come home with someone waiting for you. He’s standing at the tarmac with that 50’s hairstyle in a Frank Sinatra outfit and then your eyes meet and he runs to you and kisses you passionately because you have missed each other so much.

That’s the exact feeling every time Joao and I part ways and see each other again. I mean, I don’t even know that was possible at all but I’d miss him terribly whenever we aren’t together. He became a part of me so fucking fast. It felt like rush-hour fast.

It also didn’t feel tense or awkward with him. That word was foreign to us. We’re comfortable towards each other. Although there’d be embarrassing moments, I mean, he’d act like he’d be embarrassed, but the truth is, he loves the attention I give him too. Whenever it’s just the two of us, he’d tell me things he wouldn’t say out loud in public and it drives me crazy.
He drives me crazy.

When the open mic happened at my restaurant, I thought of a perfect idea to let out my feelings for him. I thought it was funny but it made sense for us. We have so many inside jokes that the two of us would only understand. People would laugh, I find the idea funny too but I know that he’ll get the idea. As soon as I sang the song, his eyes widen.

He knew it well. He was just singing it to me last night while we were at the car. He pulled me at the back seat and crawled on top of me while that song was playing on the radio. We were both giggling, singing the song together. I looked into his eyes, down to his lips as  it was my turn to sing those lines to him. Oh Baby, Baby, the reason I breathe is you, Oh pretty baby, there’s nothing that I wouldn’t do and then his lips lightly grazed on mine. It left me almost breathless. He was teasing me a lot.

I arched my back and pulled him on me as I kiss his lips tenderly. It was hot. It was all kinds of hot and I’ve never experienced that shit in my entire life.

Remembering what happened back in there gave me chills and made me hot at the same time. So, I sang the song again at the open mic. I saw his face turn all kinds of red as I was singing the song to him.

He was embarrassed but at the same time, I saw him bite his lip. He was trying not to smile. I know that he knew what it was about. I couldn’t wait for things to happen later. After I finished my number, I sat back next to him and kissed his cheeks. I felt his hand subtly slid down my thighs. He was squeezing and caressing it and then he looks at me. I winked at him and then kissed him again. However, this time, I kissed him on the lips and nibbled on it a little bit.

“Jesus for fucks sake you guys, get a room.” Donny groaned and Belle laughed kissing Donny on the cheeks and then pinches it.

“Like you don’t need one yourself Pangilinan.” I said and it was Joao’s turn to laugh.  

“Let’s go somewhere a little more private later.” Joao whispered on my ears, kisses my neck lightly and then pulls away.

“O-okay.” I agreed.

Yep, I’m definitely going to get some later. All thanks to Britney Spears. 

-
-
-
-

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental