SIXTEEN

THE NIGHT IS YOUNG

⚠️ READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. ⚠️
FEEL FREE TO SKIP THIS CHAPTER, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT.

Surreal. Everything felt so surreal. I can’t believe I was able to pull that off. It took a lot of courage and a lot of mental preparation just to be able to do what I just did. I’ve never sang in front of many people, let alone for a woman I truly am head over heels for.  I never knew what it feels like to be this happy like until now.

Those games, that I played overnight, the ones I’ve spent sleepless nights on, the times I spent alone contented, I didn’t look for anything else and I was completely okay with it. I was sure at some point that I’d probably be like that for a long time, but clearly that’s not what happened.

I realized I was missing out in a lot of things. I realized that I became this awkward shy version of mine because I never really gave myself a chance to experience things out of my comfort. All of that changed though, It was until I met Belle.

I was actually taking my time getting to know her. But I knew if I didn’t act on my feelings soon, I might lose her. We got a long pretty well, we spent a lot of time together and we talked about so many things that make our relationship even more interesting. I began to observe every little thing about her. Those little details not many people see. Like her little habits and all that jazz.

I knew she was growing impatient with how things are progressing between us. I was nervous as hell. I figured she probably won't ask me to be his boyfriend. She’s probably waiting for me to ask her. I got the not so subtle hints she was giving out although I pretended not to notice, I did. I wasn’t blind. I knew. But I also didn’t have a concrete plan in my head that time.

I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know when to ask her. I believe that everything is about timing. Waiting for the right time and all makes everything go according to plan but then again, so many people have gone through this shit. So many people have written books about how to ask someone to be your girlfriend. There’s about tons of guides about how to’s and what not all over the internet but which of those really apply when not everyone is the same?

I’d like to think Belle is not just your ordinary girl. She’s not. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be like this. God knows how nerve wracking it was to stand on that very stage not knowing the possibilities of what might happen after this song number. Well, I kind of have an idea about those possible outcomes but that doesn’t mean I’m not nervous as hell.

I don’t even know if she’ll ever find this shit sweet at least. When I started singing the song, it just started to feel right. She was looking at me and so I was. I could feel my heart beat madly but at the same time, I was thankful it didn’t reach my voice and it wasn’t evident that my ego and pride was crumbling deep inside of me.

I just knew I had to get this girl. I had to make her mine and right at that time, it was now or never. It was all or nothing. To complete the entire number, I went down the stage and grabbed her by the wrist. She was laughing and giggling but her hands were cold as hell. She’s probably nervous. I am too. I let go of her wrist and then interlocked her fingers with mine our hands fit together perfectly. She’s indeed my missing puzzle.

When the two of us were on stage already, I sang the lines of the song dedicated to her as I dance and circled around her. I held her here and there. I felt like kissing her the entire time but I pulled myself together. I had to finish the number. God, she’s so beautiful. I don’t know how many times I’ve said that already.

As the song ends, the crowd cheered and we kissed. People were looking, the crowd was going nuts. Everything just felt right. It was the time I asked her to be my girlfriend.