NINETEEN

THE PARENT

I’m actually excited to meet Donny’s parents. I’ve always wondered what they look like or how they are because Donny rarely talks about them if not at all. He seemed distant to them but he also said they’re good people. I began to wonder if it’s because of his responsibility as the future CEO of their company, his life or all of the above.

From what I see, he probably thinks he doesn’t have a choice to do what he wants in the future. His parents have been strict, preparing him for his future task, can’t really say I blame them if he’s their only child. Who else would inherit their business? It’s none other than him.

I didn’t come from a family as rich as him. They’re the definition of a crazy rich Asian. But Dony didn’t come off as arrogant. He grew up pretty normal if you ask me. You’d never thought his family is like that and now I get to meet his parents. My family isn’t as rich as theirs but we’re comfortable.

Nothing wrong in that either but part of me got a little too intimidated by it. As much as I’m looking forward to the meeting, I couldn’t help but feel a little nervous. What if they end up not liking me? Well, I haven’t thought further yet. But I guess, we’ll just have to see.

I went to Donny’s before our dinner with his parents. I got ready and made sure I dressed to impress the shit out of his folks. Meanwhile, as Donny and I have agreed upon, I get to choose what he wears. He did say he doesn’t want to wear a suit but I’ve never seen him in one and there’s probably none in his closet so I bought him a suit to wear.

“Babe, what am I going to wear?” He asked me.

“This.” I said handing him the paper bag with the suit wrapped in a box inside.

It’s a blue suit that will make him presentable. It isn’t too formal and at the same time, it’s also not that casual. It’ll show his perfectly sculpted shoulders and I thought it already looked hot in my head no matter what while I, on the other hand, wore a electric pink wide sleeve off shoulder dress. It’s not too casual and not too formal at the same time.

“You look very beautiful Babe.” He said and pecked my lips.

“You better think so. Now go and change. You have to wear that.” I said and he opens the box.

“Babe oh my God, this is a suit.” He said with his eyes wide looking at the suit.

“Yes, it is.” I said and smirked.

“I told you I don’t want to wear one.” He said and pouted while I started and played the guilt trip with him.

“Do you not like it? I spent a long time looking for something for you and I thought you’d really look good in it. If you don’t like it, I’ll take it back to the store. Just wear whatever you want.” I said and looked at him.

“No, No, I will wear it. Thank you for buying it for me.” He said and with that, he leaned once again and gave me a peck.

I was glad he didn’t make such a huge fuss about it. Part of me felt a little bad but a suit won’t kill him. I’d really like to see him in one and I was finally going to. He went ahead and changed as I sat by the couch while I wait for him. I pulled up my phone and scrolled through my feed to keep myself busy as he changes his clothes.

“I’m ready.” He said and I turned my head and looked at him.

In my head, when I bought that suit, I thought it’d look good on him and now that he’s wearing it, he looked a hundred times more handsome. He looked really good in blue. My mouth hung open at the sight of him.

“So?” He asked not certain about how he looked like.

I stood up and walked towards him and smiled.

“Really handsome.” I said and smiled.

“I better be. I wore this for you.” He said and groaned.