TEN

PLAY DATE

It’s almost been a week since comic-con happened. Like what Belle and I have agreed upon, none of us bothered to play the entire week. But that doesn’t mean we didn’t see each other either because we’ve been seeing each other a lot for the past few days. We don’t really have the same classes but we do have the same breaks. Whenever we aren’t together, we’d sneak in texts in the middle of the class.

I’d tell her things like how Mrs. Chang’s class would kill me one day due to boredom, and she would send me random gifs that’d almost make me fall out of my chair due to laughing. The past few days started from a little awkward to comfortable. There was an incredible amount of progress between Belle and I. Well, it was more like my own progress because she don’t seem that shy really. But she was patient with me.

I’ve grown fond of her silly side comments. I admit, at first I thought she’s a catfish and her statement about being pretty and all is full horseshit and boy I was wrong. Dead wrong. She’s a lot sassier than I expected. It didn’t occur to me that she’s actually like this once you get to know her. She’s fun, playful and uses a lot of puns that’ll drive a person crazy if you aren’t used to it. She is all kinds of things. All kinds of crazies and all kinds of attractive.

Being attracted to her felt dangerous and exciting. Not that she is a serial killer of some sort, but she is just the type that would cause a lot of real damage once you fall for her. We’d flirt here and there, she’d say playful things and then curse blatantly when she gets frustrated. Everything she does is pretty fucking hot. Don’t even get me started with the way she stares. If only looks could kill, I’d be dead by now.

It’s already the day of our date. Belle is coming over and I’ve prepared chips and sodas for us to devour later. I didn’t forget to buy Criza’s famous spicy chicken wings that Belle seemed to have liked when we went there and how could I forget her undying love for milk ice cream. I put it in the frige just in case. You just never know. I was prepared for this day and we’re going to have a good time. I hope.

I showered, cleaned up the dorm and sat on the couch to relax for a bit before she arrives. I felt nervous though, it’s not like it ever went away but it got tolerable each and every time we hang out together. But today, it’s different. It’s a date and so many things could happen.

Especially if it’s just the two of us inside dorm. I was lucky enough to not have any roommates in this unit. If it weren’t for my father’s connection, I’d probably have to share a small room with a stranger.

Knowing me, I’d probably be miserable because I usually don’t like dealing with people I don’t know. Except for Belle. Belle is different. Belle is a goddess. I won’t mind if she invades my personal space all the time. I won’t mind at all. I just hope I don’t keep chickening out every time we get closer.

××××××××××

Belle: Hey, I’m close just so you know. 😊

Donny: Awesome, just knock when you arrive. I’m here

Belle: Can’t wait 😘

Donny: Me too 😘

××××××××××

We send out these kissy emojis but we never really kissed in real life. On the lips. If you know what I mean. It’s not like I don’t want to, Of course I do. But I feel like it isn’t the right time yet and I didn’t want to rush anything. She seems to be okay with it though but I wouldn’t know for sure. We haven’t really talked about our feelings on a serious note. It was all playful and flirty and sort of friendly but more than friendly type of thing.