THIRTEEN

PARTIES AND STRAWBERRY KISSES

As I've said before, I don't really go to parties. So coming to this thing was quite nerve-wracking for me. I was only looking forward to it because of Belle. Criza is also invited to this party. It wasn’t really a problem for her since she’s used to these types of parties but not me.

I spent time figuring out what to wear. I didn’t want to look so underdressed. Because Casual usually mean a plain shirt and a pair of pants or shorts to me. But at the same time, I didn’t want to look overdressed. These are the times I wish I didn’t have a mind like my own. I just couldn’t decide on things very well. Kinda stupid, I know but whatever, it is what it is.

I put a little bit of wax to my hair to look nice. It went pretty well with my casual attire. Shirt and pants it is. Oh well. Joao’s place wasn’t really hard to find. Thank God for google maps. As I got out of the car, I can already hear the music playing from her house. I instantly knew I came to the right place. The doors were open. Party crashers could easily come in without really needing an invite.

It’s just how it works. That’s why I’d never set up a party like this. I’m too conscious about people breaking or taking stuff that aren’t theirs and here I go again being my observant annoying self, glancing over people I’ve no idea who. But then again, I don’t think everyone really knows who’s who in here. I went inside and searched for the person I really came here for. Belle.

There’s at least fifty people inside this house. That doesn’t even count the ones that are hanging around by the pool area. There’s booze everywhere and you can smell cigarettes basically everywhere. I hated it but I’m going to try my best to have fun tonight. You only live once right? I went straight to the kitchen and got myself a cup an filled it with punch. I’m not much of a beer drinker anyway so that’s what I went for. I’m pretty sure this is loaded with alcohol but it’s tolerable to say at the very least.

Criza was supposed to be here but I couldn’t seem to find the little shit. She’s probably busy with Joao somewhere in this house. I’m not even going to be surprised if I find them somewhere here sucking faces all over again.

Not long after, someone poked me from behind. I turned around and realized it was none other than the girl I’ve been looking for the moment I got in here. Belle. She looked rather hot. She wore a black crop top and a pair of black hipster jeans.

“Wow.” I said out loud almost unconsciously and she smiled.

“Hi” She said.

“Hey” I replied as she held my hand and pulled me away from the crowd.

“I’m glad you came.” She said and giggled.

“Yeah, I almost had a meltdown trying to figure out what to wear to this party.” I said with honesty and she laughed.

“You look really good though.” She said and I was happy at the compliment.

“You aren’t too bad yourself.” I said and grinned.

“I was really looking forward to seeing you tonight.” She said and I was more than happy to hear it.

“Me too. I looked for you the moment I got here.” I said and smiled at her.

We found a quiet-ish place to sit and talk while everyone else was busy going crazy at all kinds of things a house party has to offer. It was a school year-end party anyway, what do you expect from these students? They’re celebrating the fact that the classes were already over.

“Do you often go to parties like these?” I asked her out of curiosity.

“Not a lot to be honest but I do, sometimes yeah. It isn’t necessarily a bad things. It’s good to enjoy things like these from time to time” She said and it made sense I was just thinking how she finds time to go to these things while she excels in academics. I would think smarties never find the time to go to parties like these.