XIII

It seemed that the Captain's weird behaviour didn't restrict itself to only one day. Two more days passed with him zoning out, shutting himself in his quarters, and often forgetting to attend meals. By the second evening, Osamu simply took his twin a plate of food and left it outside his door, knowing he would most likely stay there for the night.

But, when he reached the stairs to head back down to the crew, he saw the cabin door open and Atsumu slowly pick up the food. He saw that he looked tired and confused, yet he didn't know what to do to help. Usually a joke or two would bring up his spirits but that hadn't worked. He even seemed to be avoiding the little Prince.

Speaking of Tobio, it was clear the both of them were avoiding each other. Not out of malice, for their eyes kept looking back to each other when the other wasn't looking, but out of something else. Again, Osamu didn't know what to do.

Suna suggested just letting the Captain be whereas Aran said to speak to him. Kita had simply kept watch over Atsumu, making sure he was eating and sleeping, though the latter seemed improbable.

"Samu." his twin's voice called out, looking at him from where he had paused on the stairs.

"Aye?"

The blond waved him over before disappearing into his cabin again. Osamu didn't enter the Captain's quarters often, only if his twin had overslept or if he was really mad, so it was good to check the place out. Well, it would be polite to say it was a mess.

The bed hadn't been made in days, too many papers and quills scattered the desk, the chest of drawers were wild and the windows wide open creating a harsh tunnel of breeze.

"Yer not helping yerself by staying in this mess." the grey-haired male stated.

"I can't be bothered to clean up." Atsumu replied before slumping on the bed and slowly eating his meal, knowing his twin wouldn't leave until he did.

"What's going on Tsumu? You look a mess."

Atsumu pushed his plate to the side before slumping back onto the bed and groaning into his hands. Osamu had grown used to his brother's dramatics so just gave him a shove in the shoulder.

"Fine fine. I- damn."

"It can't be that bad." Osamu assured.

"... I kissed Tobio. And I like him, like a lot."

"Oh. I see..." Osamu replied, before he fully registered his twin's words. "How could you put yer dirty hands on the little one, ey?!"

"He asked me what was up in my head so I said 'yer don't wanna know' but he insisted so I kissed him! And now I'm confused." added the blond before he rolled over onto his front, smushing his face into the sheets.

Osamu looked at the state his twin was in and frowned, knowing that- for once- he was actually serious.

"Look Tsumu. I know yer vowed not to ever have a relationship except for one with the sea. I know you don't want someone to get hurt because of yer. But what happened to our family, our village, is never going to happen again."

Atsumu turned his head to look up at his brother, who for once was smiling at him without any mischief in his eyes.

"I don't want him hurt. Samu I really, really, really like him. And imagining someone taking him away like they did our mother and our friends? I'd die with him. But I've only known him for a few days!"

Osamu sighed and joined his brother lying down, before harshly flicking his forehead.

"Ow, what was that for yer ass!"