XIV

The whole crew remained silent, their bated breaths revealing their tensions as they watched the ship approach them. The yellow flag was gaudy in the sunlight and the pirates below weren't a better sight. The closer the Johzenji crew came, the more Tobio could make out their Captain.

He was slim and tall, with many piercings that he could see shining from the sun. He had a grin on his face and said something that caused his whole crew to unsheathe their swords.

"Avast." Atsumu announced when his crew were about to do the same thing.

At last the ship began to pass them, Terushima called out to Atsumu with a grin and a wave.

"Hey there Miya."

"Terushima. What do yer want?"

"Cutting formalities. Interesting." Terushima said with a smirk as his eyes gazed upon the crew, taking note of their readied weapons. "It is mere coincidence that we meet here."

"Aye?"

"Aye. But here you are, and here we are. And I remember some unfinished business from back in the Mediterranean. Do you?"

Immediately Terushima's grin dropped and he looked at Atsumu with steely eyes. Aye, they had unfinished business. Miya and his crew decided to siege them many months back, and now here was the perfect opportunity to return the favour.

"You should have been on guard." was all Miya replied with, his hands clenching onto the handles of the wheel, ready to move if necessary. 

"Aye, and you should have been now. Oh well. Boys!"

It seemed that some of Johzenji's crew had infiltrated their ship from the lower deck, sneaking in through the canon pockets. Kita drew his sword and the rest of the crew followed as the intruders pointed guns at them. On the other hand, the crew about Terushima's ship all shared mad grins before jumping over onto their ship without a glance down at the swirling waters below.

"It's a fight you want, aye?" Atsumu asked as he pulled out his sword and pointing it at Terushima.

"Aye."

"Then it's a fight you'll get. Get 'em lads."

And fighting erupted on the ship. The pirates attacked each other with the intent to kill. Tobio noticed Suna and Osamu were a raging force, slaying one pirate after the other as they worked together. Ren was holding his own whilst preparing a cannon to fire at the Johzenji ship. Kita didn't attack and instead stayed near the Captain with Tobio. Atsumu wasn't being attacked by any pirate, knowing he was to battle with Terushima.

"Tobio I want you to stick behind me." Kita asked when several pirates zoned their attentions on him.

"But I can-"

"Do as he says." the Captain instructed as he headed over to fight Terushima.

"Be careful!" Tobio warned, holding his dagger tightly in his hand.

"Always am." Atsumu replied with a grin before grabbing a rope and swinging onto the other ship, heading straight at Terushima with frustration in his eyes.

Pirates were closing in on them left and right, and Kita decided to attack first. Tobio knew he was excellent with a sword, but watching him now- where he kept his composure and held his ground as pirates fell around him- he was in awe of his skills.

The Prince was about to ask if he was alright but he saw a pirate trying to attack him from above, sneaking onto their ship using the mast.

"Look up!"