Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Catherine's picture above ^

Dawn's POV

"So how are you feeling?" Catherine asked me as we walked outside and started down one of the dirt paths through the woods.

"A little sore but alright." I said honestly. It felt good to get up and walk around, stretch my tight muscles.

"What all do you remember about the past couple of days?" She asked as we passed a few kids racing down the walkway.

"I don't remember anything. The last thing I remember was Tony and I had gone into town for a drink. I don't remember what we talked about, I just remember it was urgent."

Catherine simply nodded, not saying anything for a few moments.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude. Your name sounds familiar but I don't recognize you." I broke the silence as we continued walking in the warm sun. She just gave a soft laugh before she shook her head.

"It's fine. I just joined the pack about a year ago. I used to be one of Marcus' assassins." I stopped walking, starring at her. She seemed surprised I stopped but turned to look at me patiently as I pieced together the information.

This was the girl that was supposed to help me complete the job of killing Will and James, but refused to give the master any information about them.

"I think it's best if we go back and talk to Will and Tony." She stated and I simply nodded, not knowing what else to do. If she used to work for Marcus, she definietly knows about me.

Was that why she was talking to Will and Leon with Tony?

Had she ratted us out?

As we slowly made our way back to the pack house, my nerves began to run wild. If Will found out that I was an assassin, would he reject me? Would he kill me for putting his pack in danger?

My heart was beating out of control when we finally made it back through the front door of the pack house. Walking into the kitchen where we had left the three guys earlier my stomach was in knots.

Catherine was whispering something into Will's ear as I took a deep breath and raised my gaze to meet everyone's eyes.

"How are you feeling?" Will's dad, Leon, asked me breaking the awkward silence around us.

"Why does everyone keep asking me that?" I grumbled, mostly as a joke but everyone seemed to took a deep breath. "What's going on?"

"What's the last thing your remember?" Tony asked me that same question Catherine had asked me earlier while we were walking.

It felt strange all of the sudden, his words didn't make me feel different like they did a few days ago. His presence didn't affect me like it should have.

"Um.." I stammered, unable to concentrate on anything now that I realized that I didn't feel anything towards Will now. It felt like he was just another person, that we didn't share any mate connection anymore. It almost hurt, but I had to stop myself.

Maybe I had finally got my head in the game. Carrying out the job would be easier if I didn't feel anythign for him.

"I don't know. I remember being here and-" I remembered kissing Will in this kitchen, but I wouldn't say that. "I remember meeting up with Tony at that bar in town, but I don't remember why. What happened?"

Tony and Will shared a look that I didn't like and instantly my anger spiked.

"What's going on? Why is no one telling me anything? Why did I just wake up here?" I started to ramble, taking a step back away from everyone as my aggitation grew. I wanted answers.

"Do you remember Micah calling you?" Tony asked, looking at me with a strange emotion in his eyes.

I paused, thinking back.

Instantly, it was like a splash of cold water on my face. All the memories from the past few days came rushed back and the cold water now threatened to drown me.

I remembered having to try to explain to Will what I was. I remembered the pain of him rejecting me. I remembered leaving and Micah taking me to the base. I remembered the beatings and the lashes and the silver around my wrists and ankles. The memories threatened to suffocate me.

I felt sweat begin to bead on my forehead as the room started to spin a little. I called out to my wolf in my head, but she didn't answer.

My gaze snapped up to Will and my anger rose again, heat rushing to my face. He abondoned me.

No. I deserved it.

I took a deep breath as I tried to calm myself down. He probably hated me. He hasn't even said a word since I got here. He did hate me.

"Will. I-" I began but I stopped as I met his gaze, feeling tears prickled behind my eyes. In a second he went from sitting at the dinning table across the kitchen with the others to wrapping his large arms completely around me.

I instantly burried my face into his chest, sobs building up inside me and flowing over, echoing in the large kitchen. We just stood there, holding each other as I cried into his warm chest. I slowly felt all of the stress and tension from the last weeks events just melt away as I cried, letting go of all the fear I had.

Will gently began whispering how sorry he was into my hair, rocking me back and forth as I continued to cry.

Why was he sorry?

I hurt him. This was all my fault.

"I'm so sorry, Dawn. I'm so sorry." His voice cracked as he spoke softly, "I'll never let you go again. Please take me back. I'm so sorry."

His sweet words made my heart swell and melted all of my insecurities away making me cry even harder and I held him tighter.

"I thought I lost you." He whispered, kissing the top of my head. "Don't ever leave me. I'm so sorry."

We stood there for what felt like eternity, just holding each other as we both apologized over and over. In his arms I felt so save and protected. My whole body was relaxed.

After I had no more tears left, I gently stepped away and looked at his now soaked shirt, trying to wipe away the tears left on my cheeks.

"Sorry." I said, still looking at his shirt.

Taking me completely off guard he stepped forward, getting down on both of his knees and looking up at me with tears in his own eyes.

"I, William Haynes, hearby accept you, Dawn Richards, as my mate and my pack's luna, if you'll have me." He recited, his voice breaking through the tears.

"Of course we'll have him." My wolf agreed with me in my mind, finally coming back to my consciousness.

I was so happy all I could do was nod at I stepped forward and hugged him around the neck, running my fingers through his hair as he rested his forehead against my stomach.

"Aww." I heard Catherine whisper and I realized they were all still here. Will stood and turned around, wrapping his arm around my waist as he faced the others.

"I'm sorry Dawn, but there's still a lot you don't know yet." Leon said, standing from where he was sitting. "There's still a lot to talk about."