Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Will's POV

My phone rang in my pocket just as I had finished helping James clear some of the debris out of the destroyed court yard. James still wasn't speaking to me and I didn't blame him. We simply cleaned the court yard in silence until my phone went off.

I quickly answered it, hoping to hear that Rose was awake.

"Hello?"

"Alpha." I heard Richards voice through the phone, very business like as always.

"Is Rose awake?" I asked, picking up James' attention as he walked over and listened to my end of the conversation. He might be mad at me but he still cared for Rose.

"Umm.. No alpha. Actually I called about her but.." He trailed off, unsure.

"Richards? What's wrong?" Fear started to set in when he didn't answer me right off the bat. "Richards!" I grew impatient that my mate's life could be on the line and he was being a coward.

"Well, some complications arose when trying to administer the medicine to her and-"

"What complications?" I growled, wanting him to get to the point.

"Her body isn't accepting the medication and without it her condition only.. worsens. I'm afraid-" he stammered over his words.

"Spit it out Richards!" I snarled, making James grow worried and shift from foot to foot as he strained to hear Richards too.

"She's starting to slip away and I'm afraid I can't help her."

I dropped my phone in the court and ran as fast as I could to the pack house, my blood pounding in my ears. I could hear James close behind me but all I could focus on was seeing Rose. My Rose.

She would not die and I would do anything into power to make sure that she lives to let me love her, give me lots of pups, even grow old together.

She was not going to die.

As I got to the pack house I bust inside and ran down the hallway to the infirmary where Richards and I had taken her the day before.

I threw the door open as ran to her side, falling to my knees and taking her cold hand in mine.

"What can we do?" I asked, mostly to myself but Richards answered as James entered the room.

"I really don't know what else to do. Her body won't accept the medicine and without it she won't make it."

"What other option do we have?" James asked from behind me, moving to stand at the foot of the bed she was on.

"Well.." Richards started, but trailed off.

"What?" I asked, looking up at him.

"The only other option I can think of would be.."

"What?!" I snarled. "I'm tired of the games Richards, spit out your words."

"You would have to mark her. The strength that she would receive from your bite would strengthen her body and would give her enough of your shifter blood that it might be able to help her heal faster." He said, quickly.

James and I didn't say anything, just starring at him like he was crazy.

"Are you insane? I'm not marking my mate without her consent. Even if I did bite her, she's human. Her body may not accept that either. If I bite her, she may gain her wolf sooner than is healthy for her and she would only hurt herself more."

"With all due respect alpha, if you don't mark her, she'll die anyway. Better hurt or mad at you than dead." He said, taking a step back like I was going to attack him.