Chapter 30

Will's POV

"Welcome!" I greeted loudly, gaining everyone's attention. All eyes were now on Dawn and I. "We have a special evening planned for everyone tonight but first we have a few orders of business."

Everyone immediately fell silent and my wolf began to grow restless in anticipation.

"Tonight is a very important night. We have had a very special group of people join us today but I'm sure you all know every detail by now." People throughout the crowd chuckled. "I know that the Cedar Ridge pack has been through so much more than any of us can ever imagine but today starts a new future for all of us." Dawn gazed up at me while confusion danced across her features.

"Tony?" I called over to him, only a few feet away at the base of the porch. He slowly made his way up the few steps and stood next to me. I spoke in a soft voice so that only he and Dawn could hear what I was going to ask him. "Since the death of your father, you have had power of this pack. His alpha blood runs through your veins. This is your pack."

Tony only nodded, seeming to have already seen this coming. Everyone here knew that Tony had the rightful claim over this pack since his father passed away.

"If it is what you want, I will help you start from scratch. We can regain your pack's territory and rebuild your houses. All you need to do is ask."

Tony remained silent, only starring out at his pack. I was about to speak up again before he shook his head.

"That just isn't me, Will. I can't lead these people. I wouldn't know where to begin." Tony stated grimmly, shifting his gaze to look at me. "I've been thinking about it too. If it's alright with you and the pack, I was hoping that my pack could join yours."

That surprised me.

Dawn's hand found mine on the other side of me and gave a tight squeeze, settling me and my wolf a littlle.

"Of course, Tony." I treaded carefully. "This is a big decission. Why don't you just think about it and-"

"I have thought about it, Will. This is what I believe is best, for them and for me." There was a certain finality in his voice that even I couldn't find myself to argue with.

"Alright." I nodded. "Do you realize what that means for you?"

He nodded wordlessly.

"Ok." I sighed. "If you ever change your mind-"

"I know." He stopped me. "Thank you, Will." He placed one of his hands on my right shoulder and bowed his head respectively, his wolf showing a sign of submittance. I bowed my head in returned before looking down at Dawn on my left side, I sent her a small smile.

By the look on her face, I knew she had a lot of questions about what just happened that I would have to answer to later. Turning to address the large, patient crowd in front of me, I took a deep breath before I started.

"I now have the honor of being able to introduce the Cedar Ridge pack into our own!" There was a chorus of cheers from both packs as I finished, bringing a smile to my face.

Looking down, my eyes took in Dawn's shocked face as she gazed up at me.

"You're admitting all of them into your pack?" Her eyes held mine.

"After what happened today, most of your pack members had already asked to join the pack. It only took Tony's decision to seal it." Her eyes traveled back out towards the crowd, looking over her pack.

"Was this the surprise?" She chuckled, the shock beginning to wear off. Her question only made me laugh.

"No."