Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Picture of James ^^

Dawn's POV

"So how are you holding up?" Rye asked as he kept his eyes on the road as we roomed past the trees leading us towards the town.

"What do you mean?" I turned to look at him and he snuck a glance at me with a smirk on his face.

"I mean, you just saw two giant wolves chase you down in the middle of the woods, watched them change into human men, man handle the daylights out of you, and you're perfectly fine?" He looked back at road after a second, silent, waiting for me to respond.

Crap, he's right. Stupid, you're supposed to be new to all this.

"Yeah, I mean, I'm a little freaked out. But I've seen stranger things in my lifetime." I whispered the last thing, speaking mostly to myself, but forgetting that the shifters had better hearing than most, he heard me, giving a small chuckle as he stopped at the red light.

"You've seen worse than us? You poor girl." He joked as he turned on the main street of the town. "Which way?" He asked at the next stop sign.

"Left." I said, sighing and leaning my head back against the head rest. "Right here." I said as we neared the motel I was staying at. He turned into the parking and gave a scoff.

"You're staying in this dump?"

"Well I'm not staying for too long so I figured there's no need to waste my money on a suite." I quickly thought up, looking away from him. Clearly, he didn't believe me but he changed the subject.

"You're not staying?" He caught me off guard with his question and I looked over at him.

"No, I'm just passing through really." I grabbed for the door handle and turned back to look at him. "Thanks for the ride. I'll see you around?" I asked, figuring he would be a good source to get any information from that I needed through my objective of killing the alpha and beta. James.

It hurt me a little thinking that I would have to kill James, but it was just a job. It would be over soon.

"Yeah, of course." He gave a smile as I stepped out of the car and closed the door behind me, shooting him a smile and a small wave as I walked towards the door of the motel.

As I turned my back, I heard a loud car door and turned to look behind me.

"Hey, Rose. Wait up." He quickly walked around his car and met up with me, pulling out his phone. "Let me get your number. You know, just to make you're alright later. It could take a little while for all the new information to sink in." He laughed at his own statement as he turned on his phone and handed it to me. I punched in my number and handed it back to him, earning a bright smile from him.

"Thanks." He gave a small nod as he walked back to his car and I turned to go inside again. He waited until I was inside the door to pull out, going back to his pack.

I let out a deep sigh as I made my way up to my room, closing and dead bolting the door behind me. I slung my shoes towards the window doors to the balcony and pulled my shirt off over my head, sliding my jeans off and pulling on a short summer dress. I sat on the bed and pulled out my phone when it beeped, reading the screen.

Tony:

Boss wants an update. For your sake, hope you have good news for him. He's getting impatient.

I sighed as I threw the phone across the room onto the other bed, falling back again the one I saw sitting on. This is going to be a long day.

--