Chapter 33

Will's POV

"What I did is done. Why are we still talking about it?"

"Because what you did was reckless and stupid."

"Saving Dawn's life was stupid?"

"Saving Dawn wasn't stupid. Selling your soul before we could find another solution was."

My dad and Maria had been arguing back and forth for hours now.

"What other solution was there? This is the only chance you have at getting Dawn back and I don't regret taking it." Maria crossed her arms over her chest, stubbornly sticking her hip out as she held my father's frustrated gaze.

"Maria, I don't want you to feel like this is your problem. We are all lost without Dawn and Tony here but this isn't all your burden to bear."

Maria sighed and uncrossed her arms, taking a step closer to my father.

"Leon, please listen to what I'm saying. I have lived my life. Dawn is still young with so much ahead of her. She has already given so much more her pack and the people she loves. I only hope that I can be that courageous." She paused, looking over at me. "Micah is my son and he is the reason your pack is in danger now. He is not the same boy that I raised. He is a completely different man now, an evil man. We can take out two birds with one stone by carrying out this deal and I would appreciate it if you would help me."

There was complete silence after Maria finished. No one could argue with that.

My father sighed, rubbing his face and turning his back to Maria and I.

"We can draw Micah here and make sure he doesn't hurt you before you can take him out." He still had his back to us as he spoke. He was very unhappy with the decision.

"So what's the plan?" I asked, looking to Maria.

Before she could answer, my dad turned around.

"I'm done playing chicken. This time, we take the fight to them."

----------

Micah's POV

"Sir?"

"What?"

"There's a perimeter breach to the east of the compound." One of the younger assassins informed me from the doorway of my room.

"Who?"

"Shifters, sir."

I growled, sitting up from my bed and standing, leaving my chest bare and my sweat pants tied loosely around my hips.

"Get five of the men. Have them meet me out front, now." I ordered before he scurried down the hall. I cracked my stiff neck and picked up the shirt that I had left laying on the floor next to the door, shrugging it on. "I was enjoying that nap." I mumbled to myself as I slipped a pair of jeans and boots on.

Moving quickly down the stairs to the first floor, I grabbed my two guns and my knife from the weapons room and secured them in my belt before jogging out the front door.

Once the five men I requested were all gathered in front of me outside, I pushed towards the east and informed the men about the situation on the way.

We made our way through a small town that boarders our territory before we hit the forest, continuing deep in the trees heading east until we heard motion ahead of us.

Signalling to the men, we hid within the greenery and waited for more.

Without warning, the wolves pounced on us. One was instantly on my back, it's claws digging in to my shoulders as it snapped it's jaws too close my neck for comfort.