Chapter 28

Dawn's POV

"It's about time." Tara shrugged as she stood from where she had decided to plant herself for most of the fifteen minutes we had been waiting on the guys to meet us in the clearing outside of the town we had arrived in.

"We only took, like, ten minutes." Rye shot back as he, James, Tony and Will neared us. I had already shifted into my wolf like Will had asked, being forced to listen as Tara complained every ten seconds about how the guys were taking their sweet time.

James simply chuckled and shook his head towards Tara while he pulled her into a hug, effectively silencing her from starting an argument with Rye about how little time they took to get here.

While I watched Tara seem to relax and smile a little when James wrapped his arms around her, Will paced over to me and kneeled down in front of me until our gazes locked.

"Before we leave here, we'll all shift and run to the compound in our wolf forms but once we get there, I want you and Tony to shift back so that you can access the cells in the basement of the compound and release your pack while the rest of us deal with the assassins in the house." Will explained, confidence radiating from his eyes.

My wolf simply nodded her large head and Will gave a short nod of assurance, looking over his shoulder to Tony who was gazing at me. Will slowly stood and went over to him, whispering something in his ear before moving over to address Rye and the couple playfully bickering about something new now.

They all made their way over towards the cover of the trees while Tony sighed and sat down on the ground next to where I was planted. Looking over to him, I watched him expectantly.

"So are you ready for this?" His gaze fixed on the grass in front of him.

I only nodded, wondering why he sounded so hesitant.

"I just want you to be prepared, Dawn. We don't know what these people have been through. I just don't want you to get so wound up in the fact that they are our old pack and walk away hurt when they don't treat us like we would want them to. They will have been through a lot and I don't know how this is all going to play out in the end." He explained, never once looking over at me.

Looking away from him, my eyes locked onto Will's wolf as he padded out from behind the cover of the trees, his black wolf demanded respect simply with the way he carried himself.

I could feel my wolf instantly felt a strong pull towards his wolf, their bond probably being stronger than our human bond. The only time I had seen Will's wolf was when I had first shifted and Will was forced to use his alpha command to calm me and my wolf down.

At the time, I wasn't able to completely take in his wolf form.

Now that I wasn't close to having a panic attack and my eyes could actually study him, his wolf was just as impressive, if not more so, than his human form. My wolf howled in my mind, calling to his wolf but I tried to reel in my feelings and remember the situation at hand.

Tony stood and made his way towards the trees, coming back out from behind them moments later in wolf form with his clothes that he had been wearing in between his jaws.

I had to do a double take when I saw his wolf for the first time. His dark brown fur seemed to shimmer in the sunlight that snuck in between the trees while his stormy grey eyes danced with the intense gaze that settled on me.

This was the first time we had ever seen each other in our wolf forms.

Tony's wolf slowly padded over to me but hesitated before he got too close. Before I could wonder what was going through his mind, he broke the invisible wall between us and was beside me in the blink of an eye.