Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Dawn's POV

Later that night, Will called a pack meeting to inform the pack on the events of the past couple of weeks and the action that would be taken against our enemies.

Before the meeting started, Will insisted that I get some rest and promising me that the meeting he had called was simply for the pack to be able to understand what was going on, that there was no reason for me to sit through the entire thing since I already knew everything there was to know about our situation.

Reluctantly, I finally made my way up to the room I had first woken up in, being Will's room. Once inside, I changed into one of his large shirts and climbed onto the comfortable bed letting out a large sigh. Before I knew it, I was out like a light, sleeping heavily across the bed.

---

Waking up the next morning, I felt a large, warm body next to me and smiled as I curled into Will's side. His arm instinctively wrapped itself around me and pulled me closer to him before I fell back asleep with my head on his chest lulled by the sound of his heartbeat.

---

When I woke up again, I didn't feel Will's body next to me and I quickly opened my eyes when I heard his rustling around across the room. Sitting up in the bed I ran my fingers through my hair as I watched him packing a large suitcase with clothes and bathroom supplies.

"What's the occasion?" I asked groggily, wiping my eyes. Why was he packing to leave?

"Alpha Scott, the next that owns the territory to the left of ours, called me early this morning. He claimed that some usual numbers of rogues have been trespassing into his territory and destroying property around the pack. He asked if I could travel over to help him take care of some things before more rogues showed up." Will said as he came over to sit on the bed next to me.

"Why are they bothering with his pack?"

"They're rogues. They've always done petty stuff like that, but Scott sounded worried over the phone. He said the rogues sightings have been a lot more steady lately and they've gotten a lot more comfortable on pack land, which isn't good. Apparently they've been destroying pack homes and kidnapping people, which they have never done before." Will rubbed his eyes, already looking tired.

"What are you doing to be able to do to help him?" I pulled the covers back and placed my feet on the floor, stretching my legs.

"I'm just going with some men to help rebuild some of the houses and help Scott decide what the best form of action is to take care of the rogues. I'll only be gone a day or so." He reassured me, taking my hand in my lap. "Alpha Scott is a good friend of mine, we've been friends for many years now. If I ever needed his help, he would be here in seconds."

"I understand. I just worry about Micah showing up here if he realizes that you're gone from the pack."

"I know, just James will be staying behind to manage things while I'm gone, and my father is here as well. I won't be gone long enough for anyone to notice." He promised me, standing to finish packing.

Once he was done he picked up his suitcase with one hand and held his other out to me for me to take. Standing to take his hand, he pulled me close to him and placed a gentle kiss to my forehead.

"I'll be leaving this morning to go to Scott's pack, but I'll call every once in a while to make sure everything's alright here." He kissed my hand. "Why don't you get changed while I go pack the hummer."

I nodded before he left the room, taking his suitcase and his jacket in his hands closing the door behind him. I found a pair of my clothes on his dresser across the room and quickly changed into them, going into the bathroom to find my toiletries on the counter.