Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Dawn's POV

"So what's the plan?" Tony asked as I sat down next to him at the bar in our meeting place before we left to talk to Will. I sighed, rubbing my hands over my tired eyes. Tony ordered two drinks, slidding one over to me as he sipped from his.

"I don't know." I mumbled, bringing my head to lay my forehead against the counter, my emotions running wild. "What am I supposed to say? It's not like I can just walk up to him and tell him that I was assigned to kill him and his closest friend so that other people could come in and kill his pack. I doubt that would go over well." I chuckled to myself, making Tony grunt next to me.

"I suppose that wouldn't be the best thing to start off with." He laughed and took another sip from his drink. As I took a big swig of mine I almost choked on it, not expecting it to be strong alcohol as it went down my throat, leaving my throat burning in it's path.

"Oh, by the way," Tony gave a soft laugh as he noticed my reaction. "That's a little strong." I smacked his arm as the burning went away. "I figured you needed something with a little kick before we did this." I only nodded, agreeing and dreading what I was about to have to do.

"Let's get this over with." I tipped my head back as I finished the glass in one big swallow and stood up, ready to practically sell my soul away if this went badly. Tony quickly finished his drink, paid the bartender and we left, getting into his car and slowly headed towards the pack house.

Or most likely my death, whichever way I wanted to look at it.

When we finally reached the pack house, Will and James came outside to greet the strange car with a defensive look on his face before he realized it was me. A smile formed on his face as he recognized me, but as soon as his eyes found Tony, his smile faded.

"What's going on?" Will asked as he approached me, pulling me in for a tight hug. I sighed, just trying to memorize what it felt like to be in his arms incase I never felt his embrace again.

"Nothing, it's just.." I trailed off, looking over at James, then back at Will, whispering, "Can we talk alone?" I asked, causing a worried look to reach his face before he nodded.

"Of course." He said taking my hand, leading me towards the house. When Tony began to follow us, Will stopped and turned to face him, but spoke to me. "I thought we were talking, alone?" He narrowed his eyes at Tony.

"Just trust me, Will." I said and instantly I regreted saying that. I had given him no reason to trust me, even if he didn't know that yet. Will simply sighed and continued into the house, Tony close behind us.

Will lead us into his office before shutting the door behind us, locking us into the large room that now felt so small. I was going to hypervenilate.

"So what's this all about?" Will asked as he leaned against his desk, crossing his arms across his chest, just looking between Tony and I.

No one said anything at first. I'm pretty they were both waiting on me to start, but even while my mind tried to form words my mouth couldn't speak them. I was a dear in the head lights.

"Rose, whatever it is, you know you can tell me anything." Will said softly, looking at me with a worried expression. I simply nodded, looking to Tony for help but he only stood there starring at me with a blank expression.

"I.." I tried to start, but I lost the words that I was going to say. "We.." I tried again, but the words caught in my throat, making the atmospere around me feel like it had just warmed up 10 degrees.

Suddenly, my phone went off in my pocket making me jump from the tension I was feeling. I quickly pulled it and was about to hit the silent button before I saw the caller ID.