Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Dawn's POV

*Ring Ring

I groaned, pulling my blankets over my head.

*Ring Ring

"5 more minutes." I whined to no one in particular, cursing the sunlight streaming in through the curtains covering the large hotel window.

*Ring Ring

"What?" I yelled, sitting up and looking around for the annoying noise. My phone laid on the desk across the room, moving on the dark wood.

"Crap.' I mumbled, jumping out from beneath the warm blankets and reaching for my phone before the call went to voice mail.

"Hello?" I asked, ready to curse out whoever called me so early in the morning.

"Dawn, it's about time you picked up the phone." I heard Tony's voice through the phone in his usual coarse voice.

I groaned to myself, running my fingers through my hair as I looked at the clock. 10:37 am. Wow, I slept a long time.

"Dawn." Tony growled, snapping my back to what he was saying.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I put the phone on speaker and laid it down on the table while I got dressed and tried to tame my crazy hair.

"The master called yesterday. He wants you to scout the woods around the packs territory, searching any weak spots into their territory and any things the head master's men will need to be wary about when they invade. He wants this done by dark tonight."

I sighed, shaking my head and falling back onto my bed.

"Dawn!"

"Tony!" I yelled back at him.

"This isn't a game, Dawn. This job is important and you will do what the master demands or I'll come and take care of it after I deal with you. Now, am I to tell the master you are unwilling to comply to the head master's wishes or can you do your job?" He growled out, waiting for my answer.

I groaned again, nodding reluctantly.

"No, I'll get it done. Is that all?" I picked the phone back up, turning off the speaker and putting it to my ear, planning on ending the call after his answer.

"Actually, no. One of our scouts on the land in Indiana informed us of another head house in your area."

"Why is that a problem?"

"That's a problem because the house of assassins has already tried to take out the alpha a while back, but they stopped when the alpha killed one of the men from their house. Now, they've started again, the last attack being 9 days ago."

"And this humble little scout told you all this just because you asked nicely?"I asked, sarcastically, getting an inhuman growl from Tony as he answered with a strained voice.

"Remember your place before you get an attitude with me, girl. And no, the only information we got from the scout was about the houses existence in the area, but all the other information we've acquired comes from a girl in the pack. A girl named Catherine Bernard used to work for the assassin order a few years ago until she got called on a job much like yours. Her target was the alpha, but she ended up joining the pack for, unknown reasons. While she was one of us, she resided at the head house that now challenges your contract, so she has inside information about their operations that she enlightened us with. When the master contacted her, she said she was unwilling to help us take down your two targets since she was under the rule of the alpha ever since she joined the pack, but she would give us the information about the head house assassins because she now opposed them. Whether she will stop you in your attempt to take down your targets, we're unsure, but she had made it clear she won't help you.