Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Alpha Will ^^ above

Dawn's POV

The office looked a lot like the main room, with windows touching the ceiling and the floor. There were bookshelves full of books that stretched from wall to wall, making the room look almost like a library. The floor was the same wood as the door but with a large dark blue carpet in the middle of the room where 4 chairs and a large office desk sat. The desk was covered with papers, books and a flat screen computer that looked very expensive.

Forgetting the rest of the room, behind the desk stood the alpha. Tall, lean, strong and starring right at me.

"Rose, this is Alpha William. Will, this is Rose." James cleared his throat as he spoke up, snapping me out of my daze. Neither of us said anything, we just continued to stare at each other. He was like a god. His body was sculpted to perfection. The white shirt he wore barely contained the bicepts that threatened to break through any moment. His abs almost showed through his tight shirt, making my eyes want to continued to travel down. His eyes seemed to take in every feature of my body as they trailed down and back up again to meet my eyes for a second time. I heard a low growl come from him as our eyes met again, which pulled me out of my day dream.

"Hello." I said, barely audible in the tense room. Again, no one said anything and I began to grow annoyed. I looked over to James and saw his confused face looking between the two of us. He studied his alpha as though this was unusual behavior for him, but I'm sure he looks at every girl this way. That thought made me jealous all of the sudden, but I pushed it down. Where did that feeling come from?

"Hello?" I said again, making the alpha seem to come back to this world.

"Hey." He said, his voice cracking in his short word. He cleared his throat and motioned for James and I to sit in the chairs infront of him. "So, James tells me you're new in the town?" He asked, sitting back in his desk chair as he starred at me, listening intently.

"Umm, yes. I'm actually not really planning on staying long. Just passing through."

"What?" He asked as though I has told him I ran over his dog.

"I mean, I'm just staying for a few more days, and then I'm leaving."

"Why?" He asked again, acting like it was the end of the world. I wonder if he would still think that after he was dead? I laughed to myself.

"I don't really stay in one place for long. There's just nothing really to keep me here." I said, instantly regretting it. I had forgotten James was in the room since I was preoccupied from starring at the alpha and after the words left my mouth I instantly looked over to James. The hurt look on his face almost broke my heart, but he hid it fast, looking away from me.

I was beginning to worry about how much I cared for James.

When I turned to look back at the alpha he was looking between James and I with an almost mad look, like we'd done something wrong. When he saw my look at him he quickly changed his face, taking a deep breath.

"So what is this meeting about?" This was going too slow in a bad direction.

"I wanted to-"

"Alpha!" We heard down the hall, cutting the alpha off mid sentence. All three of us turned to look at the door as it flew open leaving a heavy breathing a bloody young man standing in the door way. He looked about 19 or 20, but the blood all over his body made him look older.

"Thomas, what's going on?"

"Rouges, Alpha. They made it into the territory and tried to attack a group of children. We're fighting them off but we're out numbered." He gasped in between almost every word, swaying on his feet a little. He had lost a lot of blood.