Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Unknown POV

"What is it, Carlos?" He asked me impatiently as I walked into his office, slowly closing the door behind me. I cleared my throat, taking a deep breath and pushing my fear of him to the side as I addressed him.

"We have news that the assassins assigned to the Oak Creek case have retreated. No attempts on the alpha or beta's lives have been made. To this point-"

"You're telling me, two of my best assassins have refused to follow the strictest orders I have ever given?" He growled out menacingly, making me want to shrink back, but I stood tall and nodded my head.

"Yes sir, but-"

"I don't want your excuses, I want them dead!" He exploded, slamming his fists on the desk with so much force I thought it might have splintered. He sighed, turning around to look out the large window behind his desk. He rolled his large, intimidating shoulders before turning back around and placing his hands flat on his desk, looking me dead in the eyes.

"I want the pack dead. That is the first priority. After you bring me the alpha's head, then you deal with Dawn and Tony." He said calmly, but breathing deaply like he was trying to control his temper.

"Yes sir. We also found some other information on the girl that you might want to know. We have had reports that Dawn and the alpha were seen together more than once. One of our assassins that has been keeping tabs on Dawn reported that they are mates."

"What?" He asked softly, almost to himself as he sat down in his large desk seat, leaning back as he began thinking. "Before you do anything with the pack, I want her. Bring her to me. That is your number one priority." He said, picking up the phone on his desk, quickly dialing a number on the keypad. "Go." He ordered and I immediately bowed my head and left the room, quietly closing the door behind me.

I took and deep breath and made my head down the long way to the stairs where all of my men were waiting for the master's orders. As I reached them they instantly silenced their conversations, watching me with curious eyes.

"We find the girl. Forget the pack until you find her. You are to bring her back here alive. No questions."

---------

Dawn's POV

I liked kissing him. I liked the way his lips felt on mine. I liked how his hand absent-mindedly found it's way against the back of my neck, pulling me even closed that I already was. I liked how out bodies were so close, his chest pushed against mine as he stood between my open knees where I still sat. He liked the way he smelled like pine and musk that had me and my wolf stirring deep inside.

This man was my mate, and I was a shifter, and I wasn't too upset about it anymore.

Slowly, Will pulled away leaving both of us breathing heavy. As he pulled away he looked down at me with a surprised look on his face before a small smile replaced it. I couldn't help but send a smile of my own right back, taking a shaky breath.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have kissed you without asking you first." Will apologized taking a step back, but I shook my head.

"It's ok." I breathed out, silently praying he wouldn't change his mind about me now. "I don't mind." I gave a small chuckled that had Will instantly back in front of me, his lips on mine again.

This time, I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck as his hands brushed against my sides, making me squirm.

"I didn't know you were ticklish." Will chuckled as he pulled back a few minutes later, us both breathing heavy all over again.