Chapter 32

Will's POV

Burying Tony was hard.

Sleeping alone that night was worse.

I was so lost. I didn't know what to do or where to go to make the pain stop.

My chest ached. My head hurt.

I couldn't eat, couldn't sleep.

Every once in a while, I would feel a searing heat spread across my body, settling in the pit of my stomach that would send waves of pain throughout my entire body.

All I could figure was that it was Dawn's pain that I was feeling. That thought made the pain even worse.

There was nothing that I could do except scream.

I did a lot of that.

I don't know how long I spent just running in my wolf form.

I would just start running and keep running until I collapsed in exhaustion and as soon I was strong enough,
I started running again.

I didn't know where I was. I doubted I was in the same state anymore.

'Will, please.' My father tried to mind link me but I never answered.

'Come home.' James tried.

'We want to help you.' Maria pleaded.

I cut off the link and pushed myself faster.

I tried to be angry with Dawn for leaving me but I couldn't, not when she did it to protect me and our pack.

I got the warm pain in my stomach again and had to stop running only long enough to tumble onto the ground without the strength to get back up.

I didn't know how this was going to end.

How could an Alpha lead his pack without his Luna?

'Stop feeling sorry for yourself and think.' My wolf spoke for the first time in days since Dawn was taken. 'We could save her.'

'You heard what dad said. Once the deal is carried out, there is no going back.'

There was a pause.

'What if the deal was broken?' I froze.

'What do you mean?' I asked, my wolf sighed.

'The deal was that as long as you and the pack weren't harmed by Micah or the assassins, then Dawn would owe Simon her soul.'

'Yeah?'

'Well what if Micah did hurt someone from the pack?'

'He didn't touch a single person besides Tony when he trespassed and Tony didn't belong to the pack, technically. We can't make him hurt someone. He knows about the deal now. He would never fall for that.'

'Think, Will. What made him so mad last time? What got him riled up?' I thought for a moment.

Then it all clicked.

The idea that he could actually be a shifter scared him. Dawn mentioned his mother being one of her old pack members  and he flipped.

That was it.

Simon wasn't counting on Micah being a shifter.

That was our advantage.

---

"Are you sure?" My dad sat back in his seat, rubbing his tired eyes.

I had run back to the pack house as fast as I could, pulling my dad into my office and telling him everything I had come up with so far.