BONUS Chapter one again: Newt's POV

Dumbledore called out to Tina: "Miss Goldstein!"
I watched as Theseus tapped her on her arm to get her attention.
she walked up to me and said "Newt.." I replied "Tina..." But couldn't say anything more than her name because we began to stare into each other's eyes. Her beautiful salamander eyes. I could look into them forever. They are so like "fire in dark water" as I said to her at the French ministry for magic, before we were interrupted by Leta.

Leta..... I feel numb about her; just her name causes me to stare into nothingness. Her last words have haunted my waking hours and sleeping hours: " I love you". Was she talking to me or Theseus? And did she mean romantically or as a friend? Queenie was right, and I have been hurting. I loved her and she caused me to be expelled from Hogwarts, and didn't thank me for sacrificing my schooling so she could stay there! In fact, she stopped talking to me after that!

Anyway, back to Hogwarts, and Tina.... The one who causes my heart to race, and causes me to be even more awkward than I usually am. Ever since she came into my life, I can't go a few minutes without thinking of her, and her beautiful, well beautiful everything. she is beautiful. she has a beautiful personality and beautiful hair and beautiful eyes. And "she's intense too", as Jacob said. But she has Tolliver. I'll admit there is some jealousy there. And I did nothing to cause that! It was all spellbound!

Dumbledore cleared his throat, but lost in my thoughts about Tina and Leta, I didn't hear much except "Nagini stay at your house?" And "maledictus" , and as Dumbledore was looking at me I assumed he meant my house not Tina's and so I said " you won't take no for an answer will you? "

" no" he said, and smiled.

After asking him why she couldn't stay at Hogwarts, and if he was going to destroy the blood pact, to which he replied " she will be safer at your house" and " I'm going to try", Tina told me she was sorry about Leta. Not thinking of a reply to that, I said nothing, and she said "let's go" . We walked off to Hogsmeade, I took her hand, heart pounding, and disapparated to my house. Jacob and Nagini side-along-apparated with Theseus also to my house.

I unlocked my front door with my wand. We are still holding hands, and my heart is beating so quickly. I don't want to let go.

"Why.." Tina said. Is she wondering why I don't use a key?

I looked at her and said "The niffler keeps taking my key so I have to lock it like this... and unlock it"

"Oh" she replied.

We went down to the basement.
"wow, this is..." Tina said a look of astonishment on her face. Oh, Tina. I'm so glad that you enjoy being in my "world" so much. And you manage to complete my sentences. You get me, Tina. Like how when I left New York, I said " well, it's been..." and she said " hasn't it".

"Isn't it?" I said, deciding to say something that proved I understood what she meant and how she felt.

She blushed and looked me in the eye. I can't believe she liked me saying that her eyes were like salamander's eyes, but more than that, she knew what I was talking about! at least I hope she liked me saying that?

" it's one of my favourite places to be" I said. She has been gazing first at me and then at the basement and then back at me.

I looked away realising she wasn't listening and deciding I better see how Bunty is, so I said "Bunty!!"

"You can clock off now" I said seeing her at the bottom of the staircase.

"Oh, but who is that?"

"This is Tina Goldstein, an American auror" I blushed as I usually did around people, but especially around Tina.

"Oh, how nice to meet you" Bunty said looking at her. at least she seems to like her.