Chapter six:

When we got home Is that what Newt's house is to you, Tina? , Newt went in the kitchen and I quickly went into my room to lie down on my bed to think. " I want to stay here and never go back to New York, well maybe if Newt comes with me and we are travelling together, but I wouldn't mind staying here and never going back if I could be with Newt forever. But that would mean I would have to marry him, right? Well, that's what I want then."

I then went down to see his marvellous basement again, where I saw Bunty and Dougal, and the kelpie, Zouwu and many other creatures. "If you stay here and marry him, you'll have all these wonderful creatures too. BUT that is only a bonus. You should only marry him for love."

And talking of him, he appeared at that moment behind me but I only noticed when he said "hello Tina" which gave me a fright. He said he was going to talk to Bunty, I replied "go on" before telling him I loved him. He said he loved me too and then went to talk to Bunty. " I hope it goes ok" I thought, but judging by Newt's awkward smile (the one I love), it was going ok.

Newt's diary

So... After speaking to Bunty, I turned to Tina and was speechless, lost in thought. "You have Bunty's permission, you just need to somehow ask Queenie and Tina better meet my parents, then I can propose. Well, maybe we need a proper date first. I wish Queenie was here! she'd tell me right away whether I should ask Tina, before I even asked her."

"Newt." did Tina just say my name?

"Not everyone has a legilimens as their girlfriend's sister, you are going to have to work this one out yourself, Newt. Oh wait, what about Jacob or my parents? They might have some good advice. I'll send them a letter."

Now I was decided on what to do, I came back to reality, and there Tina was once again saying my name.

Tina's POV

He's just standing there looking at me but as though he's still 5000 miles away like he was when I was in New York and he was here in London. I don't really want to interrupt what looks like deep thoughts but I'm hungry.

"Newt." I whispered.

"newt."

He looked up at me, and smiled " hello Tina"

"How'd it go Newt?"

"Oh wonderfully, she-"

" she what?"

"well she was so nice and she apologised to me."

"I hope you haven't decided she's better than me?"

"No! quite the opposite..."

I opened my mouth to respond, but he spoke before I could. " I've realised that you are the right person for me" He blushed and looked away, very embarrassed.

My stomach rumbling saved me from answering, as he said "come on, let's go eat lunch, Tina"

"Wait, Newt." I said because he had already started to climb the stairs because he was so awkward about what he had just admitted.

"Tina?"

"I have also realised that you are the right person for me"

"You have?" He was even redder than before, but somehow managed to keep eye contact. I could feel happiness radiating off him, and he smiled shyly.

"Yes, Newt."

A minute of staring later, he said " Tina, would you like to meet my parents?"

"of course I would, Newt. I'm honoured that you want me to."

"Well, you are my girlfriend now, and the most important thing in my life, Tina."

"Really?" He nodded.

" Well, you are the most important thing in my life too, Newt."

He stepped down the stairs towards me, and I couldn't take it anymore.

"Kiss me, please, Newt."

He looked shocked but happy. Once we were both on the bottom stair, I put my hands on his waist and he put one arm on my shoulder and the other one around me, and then he leaned in, and closing his eyes, kissed me.

Newt's diary

All our other kisses had been short and gentle, but this one was long but still quite gentle. I pulled her body gently closer, moving my right arm down from her shoulder so that both my arms were around her just above her waist. We pulled away to take a breath and she kissed my cheek, gently and softly. We were still in a tight hug. "I love you so much, Newt" " I love you more, Tina." She giggled and kissed me again.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

A/N I know this is shorter than my other chapters but I think it ends well. I think my chapters might be this long from now on. Thank you for reading.